boston people here? etc....

just curious if anyone here is a) from Boston or near abouts? I am an hr outside city b) anyone in or recently done with business school? c) while i am at it, any one currently working on the buy or sell side in boston or NYC and know of any entry level research associate and/or i banking analyst roles that may be open in your area? thanks

Dude, those are 3 very broad categories

Yes, but I would never risk my reputation by referring anyone for a job who averages over 20 posts a day, every day for 3 months straight, on an internet message board.

ouch!

So…basically you want to know if anyone here lives in the Northeast and works in finance???

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, but I would never risk my reputation by > referring anyone for a job who averages over 20 > posts a day, every day for 3 months straight, on > an internet message board. lol. Funny because ITS TRUE! just kiddin Daj! sort of

yes, anyone in industry and in the boston area. Just looking to network with serious people. I have 250 + linked ins half of which are buy or sell side or CFOs or hold the CFA charter.

the only thing gayer than linked in are people that brag about their linked in connections. And way to one up farley by referencing your professionalised myspace friend count.

This is coming from a guy with a name that involves “swan.” Perhaps the gayest animal on the planet! And perhaps of all time! (these comments are made in jest, apologize if I offend anyone…blacks, swans, gays, or black swan)

caficionado, i hope you’re joking, see: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Improbable/dp/1400063515/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217898397&sr=8-1 for someone who changed their name to clean their slate you sure did rush to go ahead and stick your foot back in your mouth.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the only thing gayer than linked in are people > that brag about their linked in connections. And > way to one up farley by referencing your > professionalised myspace friend count. YOU CRACK ME UP. I LOVE LINKED IN. i only mention it b/c I have good contacts and want to build that up. in fact, i just got a job interview off it for a finance job. so it works. i hate my space.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > caficionado, i hope you’re joking, see: > > http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Imp > robable/dp/1400063515/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=bo > oks&qid=1217898397&sr=8-1 > > for someone who changed their name to clean their > slate you sure did rush to go ahead and stick your > foot back in your mouth. I know what a black swan is…it was a joke!!! I put the disclaimer in there so you wouldn’t be (too) mad, in case it wasn’t so obvious. That is the last time I joke with you, holy crap.

taleb is a good writer

Swans are very tough, intelligent, and heterosexual creatures.

Dude, my bad, short fuse lately. Still getting a feel for the new vibe on the forum.

K, definitely understandable man.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > caficionado, i hope you’re joking, see: > > http://www.amazon.com/Black-Swan-Impact-Highly-Imp > robable/dp/1400063515/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=bo > oks&qid=1217898397&sr=8-1 > > for someone who changed their name to clean their > slate you sure did rush to go ahead and stick your > foot back in your mouth. ======================================================= +1

equity_research_nds, Please stop harassing me.