Boston!

I’ll be in Boston next month for the 2 day level 2 bootcamp. Ill have half a day to check out the city and was thinking of doing this: http://www.bostonducktours.com/tour_main.html And this http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/ Anyone living in/ been to Boston care to comment on the places worth checking out?

grab a chacarero for lunch for sure.

check with AndrewUNH, last I checked he was dying for a buddy in Boston

Just wander around the city; there are plenty of great bars/restaurants/sites to see. Not sure about the duck and trolley tours… seems kinda lame.

CFABlackbelt Im open to suggestions. Im flying out at night so all I got is the daytime on a Sunday morning.

eat in the north end, anywhere is really good, Giacomo’s is probably the best. You could take a free tour of Fenway if there are no games that day

you are a tool gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > check with AndrewUNH, last I checked he was dying > for a buddy in Boston

Th guy behind me at the red sox game last week was bitching about Level 3. I turned around and told him he should be at home studying, not watching the red sox lose.

you should check out a bruins game. Watch them get smoked by the habs!

I might have been warmer at a bruins game. Seriously, Boston, it’s mid April for Christ’s sake.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I might have been warmer at a bruins game. > Seriously, Boston, it’s mid April for Christ’s > sake. I remember being up there around this time last year and caught a Yankees/Red Sox game. It had to be in the 80’s, or mid 70’s at least.

I live in Boston. I’ve never done the duck tours but they’re supposedly pretty cool if its a nice day out- I wouldn’t do it in the rain. Definitely do duck tours over trolley tours. If you’ve never been to Boston definitely walk around faneuil hall/ quincy market. There are little shops and restaraunts there if interested. Boston Commons usually have some unknown artist concerts in the summer which make it a lively place but I doubt they’ve started yet. Still a nice area to lay around if you just feel like relaxing. Second AndewUNH for eating in the North End. The main street there is Hanover- really neat place to walk through as well- historic with brick roads and all that hoopla. You could also tour the Sam Adams or Harpoon brewery

I attended a conference in Boston a couple of years ago. The duck boats are cool, but they don’t stop anywhere (at least they didn’t when I was there), so it’s just a guided tour of the city. You can get on and off the trolley at a bunch of different stops, so it’s an economical way to get around town and see the important sites at the same time.

Walk the Freedom Trail and stop at the Warren Tavern on Pleasant St. in Charlestown (opened 1780) and grab breakfast/lunch or a beer. Freedom Trail will also run through the North End…entire route is about 3 miles or so.

Make sure you head to Mattapan – great place for a quick bite to eat!

lol okiew5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Make sure you head to Mattapan – great place for > a quick bite to eat!