Both levels at a single sitting?

Hi, is it that much difficult to sit for both levels of FRM at a signle sitting? I’m currently into the prep for Level 2 of CFA Program. So, can’t make it in this November or Next May. But I want to sit for both levels in next year November.

What do you guys say? Is it a good strategy? Besides, how many hours do I have to deicate for eah level?

p.s. I have a plan to finish CFA, FRM and CAIA by April, 2015. So, I should finish FRM in a single sitting.

Are you studying now for June 2013 Level 2 exam? I spent 5 months (400 hours) studying for each of the CFA levels and was well prepared to take the exam. I was also working long hours and traveling on business twice a week. Why do you need 10 months to prepare?

GARP recommends 250 hours per FRM exam level. I spent 300 hours to study for each level. If you have a good quant background and have time to study (500 hours), I believe it is doable. If you use Schweser or Bionic Turtle instead of the GARP textbooks, you can save some time. You should look at some FRM sample questions to have an idea of the exam format and difficulty.

Good luck!

It can be done, I passed Part 1 and 2 between L1 and L2 CFA, but it’s a risk. There’s a lot to learn and I found it difficult to refocus and restart for L2 after the 2 exams. I had been ill, but at the end of the day no excuses I didnt manage to put enough time in for L2 and am having to go round again on that one.

Personally looking at your plan I would suggest sticking the CAIA exams in between your annual CFA party. The exams are easier than FRM and don’t interfer so much with CFA study, being only 3 or 4 months after CFA. Once you clear CFA L3 you could shhot for P1 and P2 FRM

It can be done, I passed Part 1 and 2 between L1 and L2 CFA, but it’s a risk. There’s a lot to learn and I found it difficult to refocus and restart for L2 after the 2 exams. I had been ill, but at the end of the day no excuses I didnt manage to put enough time in for L2 and am having to go round again on that one.

Personally looking at your plan I would suggest sticking the CAIA exams in between your annual CFA party. The exams are easier than FRM and don’t interfer so much with CFA study, being only 3 or 4 months after CFA. Once you clear CFA L3 you could shhot for P1 and P2 FRM

Actually I have much free time now. So don’t want to waste time. Btw Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks, Monito, for your advice. :slight_smile: