Boutique or nuttin'

With the financial turmoil now, obviously chances of being hired at a bulge is out of the question for most of the people. But, my question is… how small is too small when applying for a job in a boutique? What are some things you should be looking out for and how do you know if it’s legit? Thanks for your help =D

I don’t think you should go with a smaller firm than five employees, but that’s just my benchmark. You have to use your own sound judgement to decide whether they’re OK or not. Your problem will be to tap into people’s networks before they decide to go public and publish a job ad. Have you read “What Color Is Your Parachute?” - I found it pretty good, it contains some pretty good advice.

I just did an interview for a boutique – THEY ARE MORE SELECTIVE than a bulge bracket. You will be interviewing with an exec from the firm rather than some HR person, and they are typically in no rish to hire given low turnover and focus on finding “exactly the fit we need” - so be ready.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just did an interview for a boutique – THEY ARE > MORE SELECTIVE than a bulge bracket. You will be > interviewing with an exec from the firm rather > than some HR person, and they are typically in no > rish to hire given low turnover and focus on > finding “exactly the fit we need” - so be ready. Correct. It’s much tougher to get into Morgan Joesph than it is into Morgan Stanley.

LOL nakedputs