brain teaser

farney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are captured by a tribal chieftain. He poses > you a problem on which your life > depends. He presents three leather cups. One > contains two blue pebbles, another two yellow > pebbles and the third has one blue and one yellow. > Each is marked. One cup is “BB”, the next “YY” and > the third “YB”.The chieftain says they are all > marked incorrectly. He says you may choose one > pebble, blindfolded from any cup you choose. Then, > when you look at the > pebble, you must tell him what pebbles are in what > cups - or you die. What do you do? I like this one. You have: BB YY YB (These rep. the cups) Since they are mixed up, you have only two scenarios. YB BB YY (These are the marbles) YY YB BB Now select from only the YB cup, because you’ll know then what the other two cups contain.

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ustcer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A bond trader wants to have sex with all three > > girls but he only has 2 condoms. What should he > > do? > > > put two on, do 1st > take one off, do 2nd > put on the one you used but flip it inside out, do > the 3rd > > this way you get to use the clean side on all 3 > girls Are you speaking from experience? If so, +10

Re the pirate game, is it A 96 B 0 C 0 D 1 E 3

No one got the pirate game right yet

A 98 B 0 C 0 D 1 E 1 Edited a bit

Sanka’s Mom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pirate A - most senior - 98 coins > B - 1 coin > C - 1 coin. > D - 0 coins > E - 0 coins > > B and C know that if they reject this, eventually > they will be pushed overboard (D and E will want > to maximize their take, and would have the > majority or “tie” votes to do so). > > With this, the majority will approve (A B and C). > > My thoughts. Same explanation as above, but: A - 100 coins B - 0 coins C - 0 coins D - 0 coins E - 0 coins A wants to maximize and takes all 100 of the Gold coins. B and C will accept because if they don’t they will both eventually be pushed overboard because D and E will have majority or tying votes.

Still no right answer yet

tie vote means proposition goes through, not that it fails

oh crap, ok

A - 0 coins B - 100 coins C - 0 coins D - 0 coins E - 0 coins Any proposition A makes will be overruled. B will propose 100 coins for himself and C will agree so that he won’t be thrown overboard, by D and E’s eventual vote

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ustcer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A bond trader wants to have sex with all three > > girls but he only has 2 condoms. What should he > > do? > > > put two on, do 1st > take one off, do 2nd > put on the one you used but flip it inside out, do > the 3rd > > this way you get to use the clean side on all 3 > girls Except the one girl gets preggers since the condom you turned inside out is used. I don’t even know why the Bond Trader needs two… he really only needs one, just sleep with them all at once.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kblade Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ustcer Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > A bond trader wants to have sex with all > three > > > girls but he only has 2 condoms. What should > he > > > do? > > > > > > put two on, do 1st > > take one off, do 2nd > > put on the one you used but flip it inside out, > do > > the 3rd > > > > this way you get to use the clean side on all 3 > > girls > > Except the one girl gets preggers since the condom > you turned inside out is used. > > I don’t even know why the Bond Trader needs two… > he really only needs one, just sleep with them all > at once. No, he puts on the first one turned inside out without taking off the second one already on him. All 3 girls will have clean ones.

Correction to my pirate guess: A 95 B 0 C 0 D 2 E 3

Still no correct answer to pirate game

Here’s a revised answer. This is the LAST possible answer, without D getting 100. A - Dead B - Dead C - 99 D - 0 E - 1 This is the LAST possible answer, without D getting 100. (i.e. E would never vote to kill C). So, assuming everyone knows that this is what would happen, here is what A proposes, which will pass: A - 98 B - 1 C - 0 D - 1 E - 0 Otherwise, B dies and D gets 0. This has to be the answer. I need to get back to work.

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Still no correct answer to pirate game http://www.braingle.com/brainteasers/teaser.php?op=2;id=3551;comm=0

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > kblade Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ustcer Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > A bond trader wants to have sex with all > > three > > > > girls but he only has 2 condoms. What > should > > he > > > > do? > > > > > > > > > put two on, do 1st > > > take one off, do 2nd > > > put on the one you used but flip it inside > out, > > do > > > the 3rd > > > > > > this way you get to use the clean side on all > 3 > > > girls > > > > Except the one girl gets preggers since the > condom > > you turned inside out is used. > > > > I don’t even know why the Bond Trader needs > two… > > he really only needs one, just sleep with them > all > > at once. > > > No, he puts on the first one turned inside out > without taking off the second one already on him. > > All 3 girls will have clean ones. But with your method both condoms get burnt right away. You’re saying you put condom A on, then condom B on over condom A. That means after girl 1 the inside of condom A is full and the outside of condom B is dirty. Using either side of either condom at that point puts either you or the girl at risk. If you don’t care that the girl is at risk, then just use one condom on all three and blow in their faces.

A - 0 B - 0 C - 99 D - 1 E - 0

stet

Wouldn’t the pirate one be something like: A - 80 B - 11 C - 9 D - 0 E - 0 Give the two next highest pirates just enough to have them vote with you.