Breaking into Investment Field

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You have to get in line. > > Best bet imo would be to become a portfolio > accountant at a large asset manager. Work your @ss > off harder then anyone else there. Be nice to > everyone you meet and pass every level of the CFA > on the first try. Learn as much about the > market/product you want to work with. Sooner or > later you MIGHT get a shot. Great advice on many levels.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You have to get in line. > > Best bet imo would be to become a portfolio > accountant at a large asset manager. Work your @ss > off harder then anyone else there. Be nice to > everyone you meet and pass every level of the CFA > on the first try. Learn as much about the > market/product you want to work with. Sooner or > later you MIGHT get a shot. I personally know at least 3 people doing this portfolio accountant $hit. (Graduated in 08 and so did they) Sadly none of them has made any progress in their careers. They are all miserable and constantly bitching about their jobs. Nothing against any portfolio accountants out there(Frankly I dont even know what this job entails) Just thought I’d share what I’ve seen.