Breaking into tech from finance

Here the story goes … Not a real one though… I have 12 years of buy side experience with a bulge bracket IM firm. I traded swaps, cds, clo, cdo, structured finance and frowned upon equity and fixed income folks. I rarely talked to BO bums and tech geeks as I thought they were sub human. Now my firm’s bulge has become a blip and our $1T AUM is not worth an ice cream. A friend of mine has asked me to look into tech work as they seem to be making decent cash now. I am very interested in breaking into tech. I use web browsers to look at multi media content all night and that should qualify me for something. What should I do next?

“I am very interested in breaking into tech. I use web browsers to look at multi media content all night and that should qualify me for something. What should I do next?” That is awesome

haha actually the part-time job at macdonalds working the 2am to 8am seems a good move too…

you can open an agritourism in Tuscany…there is great wine over there as well!

Ha Ha Ha Karma folks…the techie nerds will be back with a vengeance.

And they will be more smelly than ever

“And they will be more smelly than ever” What is that supposed to mean.

study for some tech certificate that is absolutely useless without 4 years of relevant experience.

study for some tech certificate that is absolutely useless without 4 years of relevant experience.

Just poking fun! I am an engineer too

psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I am very interested in breaking into tech. I use > web browsers to look at multi media content all > night and that should qualify me for something. > What should I do next?” > > That is awesome i second that; nice.

Are u for real ?? Finance to tech. Usually it’s the other way round. Why can’t you find another finance job.After all, you have 12 years of experience.