breather...

reading all the posts on questions from the exam is depressing, it makes your day feel longer than it is and makes the wait to get the result that much more excruciating… so instead, I’ll post something non exam related…there were 2 guys sitting behind me at the exam, one of them made the following comment prior to the exam, “I saw some 50 year olds here, what the f*ck are they doing here, take a break and play some golf”…I thought the 50 yr olds sitting in our area would’ve jumped him… I hope I’m not talking about any fellow AFers

There was a girl in my exam with a mini skirt, dark blue kneesocks and cream patent leather high heels, trashy outfit completely blew my concentration!

One guy sitting behind me said he didn’t really care, and the material didn’t apply to his work any way. He left after 1 hr in the morning session.

one girl tried to go the bathroom at about 8:45 AM, the proctor on the loudest microphone yelled for her to stop, she didn’t - she sped up and the proctor yelled DO NOT GO INTO THAT BATHROOM, SOMEONE STOP HER. STOP HER! she was stopped and sent back to her seat with about 300 people watching her - the proctor YELLED DON’T EVERYBODY WATCH HER NOW. not hilarious but it did break the tension in the room a bit

^ that sounds pretty hilarious

That was funny

I think I peed two times in that one hour period before the exam (both for AM and PM). I pee when I’m anxious/stressed. So I totally understand that girl’s urge.

I finished all q’s, went to the toilet and sat there minding my own business for about 5 minutes, got back and checked all questions I wasn’t sure about. That felt good. Reading the answers here doesn’t.

I made a conscious decision not to check my answers. I found during the mocks that when I went back and changed answers, I ended up with a lower score than when I just went with my gut the first time round. Also meant I got a good seat in the cafe in the Excel centre and could have a good read of the papers!

Hey, I’m only 25 right now…but the way things went with this test, I could be one of those 50 year olds taking LII!!!

honestly, I don’t see whats the big surprise seeing people more senior to your age taking this exam, people have career change or need certain qualifications/education they didn’t need prior to migrating to a different area of expertise I mean, for those in their early 20s taking the cfa tests, have their sight set on finance, can you say for sure this will be the one and only career path in your life? I certainly can’t, but maybe thats just me… even I found what those 2 guys said disrespectful…

There was a sound system malfuction part way through both sessions. out of nowhere it ws the loudest screeching feedback I have ever heard. I had to stop and cover my ears as did everyone else. It lasted for about 15 seconds only but it still sucked. Also the proctors handed out LIII exams to several fo the LII candidaties.

liaaba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > honestly, I don’t see whats the big surprise > seeing people more senior to your age taking this > exam, people have career change or need certain > qualifications/education they didn’t need prior to > migrating to a different area of expertise > > I mean, for those in their early 20s taking the > cfa tests, have their sight set on finance, can > you say for sure this will be the one and only > career path in your life? I certainly can’t, but > maybe thats just me… > > even I found what those 2 guys said > disrespectful… you have some very good points and are rather on the money with them. I’m nowhere close to 50 but I’m definitely older than the majority of posters on this board and I found the comments amusing in an ironic-short sighted way. I was talked out of doing the CFA about 10 years ago, I seriously regret that. However, the intervening time did allow me to gain the experience in the industry, develop clients, work through 2 bull markets and a bear. All the CFA texts in the world can’t prepare you to work in those environments. If you are thinking about a career on the buyside, there’s not a lot of PM’s under the age of 35, but there are a number who are licensed PM’s without the CFA designation (possible in Canada) The people going for the designation in their 40’s and up should be congratulated, it’s not easy going back to school after 20 or 30 years. and if you do want a career on the buyside, I’d get to know one of the older candidates. At some point they will have to leave the industry and will want to trust the person their clients go to.

totally agree, I think working experience is worth so much more than academic experience its like this, universities admit a new batch of students every year, even the top mba schools turn out a new batch every year, but the number of positions in the industry does not increase at the same rate…

agreed Maile: I will be 43 when we finally get the results to Saturdays exam, and i definitely feel like an old man when i read the posts on this forum. However, the guy two to my left on saturday was a gray beard who had his magnifying glass taken away from him! I couldn’t believe that he wasn’t allowed to use something to help him see small print better, he could probably sue–although whats the point…Anyway, you young uns should be glad you are getting it done while you have the energy and time, its a bitch with a family and a career…and the way i look at it, at 43, i still have a lot of years to work in an industry that i truly enjoy–I love golf, but playing everyday at age 55 doesn’t hold a lot of appeal, plan on working til i kick.