Broke boys dont deserve no...... How much money you need to be considered wealthy?

also i’ll be heading to the montage. how much you tip valet?

Here’s the net worth each generation says you need to be considered wealthy in 2021:

• Millennials (ages 24 to 39): $1.4 million
  • Gen X (ages 44 to 55): $1.9 million
  • Baby boomers (ages 56 to 74): $2.5 million

Why is there a generational gap for 40-43? Seems like a problematic cohort.

I’d say closer to $5m-$10m.

Don’t have reasons to use the services of valets often these days but the place I order out sushi from automatically attaches an 18% tip for take out which has really been annoying me. Like a couple bucks as a tip in cash seems fine to me but god damn 18% is getting really up there when it comes to sushi…

I am old enough to remember when $1,000,000 was a lot of money. :older_man:

Valet parking is not a big thing in my part of the world. I think I’ve tipped $5 in Florida. :man_shrugging:

my boss gave me 5 bucks to tip. but once i got my car, i figured i’ll stay rich instead. jkjk

$5-$10M sounds about right if you come from a higher expectations demographic (e.g. minimum of having a college education and likely with some masters level work in a higher income field - tech, healthcare, finance, law, etc…). Also really depends on where you live since $2M seems to be a cutoff for decent housing now in certain areas (e.g. most of the gateway cities).

That said, $1-$2M in most places in the country is quite a lot of wealth and so Nery’s post makes sense. If you can shed a lot of frivolous spending and live a more middle/u-middle class lifestyle for most things then $1-$2M is quite comfortable.