BSAS '07 Exam

Hey CFA Detroit - Would you attribute that to the fact that the actual exam was easier than BSAS, or that you just cranked that last month and learned a ton?

I took this exam this weekend, 65% on morning and 55% on the afternoon. I found the FSA exceptionally hard, this is basically where I lost all of my points. Asset Valuation and quant were my strengths

I’d say the real exam was less calculation intensive which played to my strength, and I spent the last month just reviewing problems and doing flash cards mostly which helped bring everyting together instead of trying to learn new concepts still.

Bluey 1.8T Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cpk123, heres the first FSA question: > > AM: > Which of the following is least likely to be an > objective of financial reporting according to > FASB? Provide information: > a) on the liquidation value of an enterprise > b) that is useful in assessing cash flow > prospects > c) that is useful in investment and credit > decisions > d) about enterprise resources, claims to those > resources, and changes in them > > PM: > they give you financial statement info (sorry, too > long to type out) and ask which ratio did NOT > contribute to a decline in ROE. A because reporting is based on ‘going concern’ assumption?

Dyslexic, you’re correct, the answer is A…

Can you purchase the '07 BSAS Mock, or is it available by other means?

Just finished with checking my scores for BSAS’07, did surprisingly well. FSA and Asset Val is definitely the toughest I have seen in any exam so far. I thought PM was tougher than AM. Econ, Quant & Ethics were easy. Too many question on GIPS, worked well for me. Need to go back and revise options and deferred taxes…

FYI, I found asset valuation and FSA in June to be easier than what BSAS asked me. economics in June was harder than BSAS. The rest was similar in difficulty.