BSAS 2010 question 48

The answer key says the answer is A, but the explanation sounds like B is the correct answer. Can someone confirm is it A or B? Thanks.

Had the same question. I think it’s B too.

I agree, guideline answer definitely matches up with B… I don’t think many people submitted errata requests unfortunately. I send in the one that they did publish, but have no idea how many others might have done the same.

answer is A. Read the last line of explaination

Ok, read that last line and tell me why “Options B and C are not broker dealers but they would use a broker dealer as a countparty also.”, when these were the options on the exam: A. Producer selling forward oil B. Broker dealer with a matched book C. Global Macro fund that does not believe in economic recovery. IMO, the answer should be B and the guideline answer should talk about A and C not beign broker dealers, but would use one as a counterparty.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IMO, the answer should be B and the guideline > answer should talk about A and C not beign broker > dealers, but would use one as a counterparty. +1 I remember being confused when I graded my exam, but forgot about it until now.

got it thanks sponge.