BSAS mock exam difficulty

How did everyone find the BSAS mock exam’s level of difficulty? Is it comparable to the actual exam? Did you do better or worse on it as compared to other mock exams?

I did the first few item sets and it seemed really basic. From what I’ve seen on the mocks and Schweser it seems to be by far the easiest and worst representation.

I started off getting the first 18 questions right, but did find it became more difficult, bringing me back down to earth by the end of the test!

Just sat the morning session and got 85%.

considering i’ve been steadily at 65% in schweser book 1, 2, live mock and CFAI Mock I think the BSAS is far too easy and a waste of time at this stage.

Some of the questions were a complete joke. Like the Alts one where they have tables with titles like ‘data for tax calculation’ and then they walk you through the calculation. They didn’t even bother to put a lot of the questions into the vignette/item set format and there were no instances where there were 2 possible answers that tested you on the detail like in the cfai mock.

Has anyone else sat this recently? Did you feel the same?

considering i’ve been steadily at 65% in schweser book 1, 2, live mock and CFAI Mock I think the BSAS is far too easy and a waste of time at this stage.

Some of the questions were a complete joke. Like the Alts one where they have tables with titles like ‘data for tax calculation’ and then they walk you through the calculation. They didn’t even bother to put a lot of the questions into the vignette/item set format and there were no instances where there were 2 possible answers that tested you on the detail like in the cfai mock.

I just sat the AM for BSAS and got 76%. For me the AM was harder than CFA 2011 (average was around 78%)

Agree with you bob on the alternative section, thought that was kind of them to lay out the process!

total waste of $149.the exam was a joke

+1

Edit. thought it was bad until I did the real thing

$149 is very steep. I got it for less than half that from the CFA Society in the UK. It still wasn’t worth it though.

I was half hoping that it was quite difficult and my knowledge had just improved a lot since doing the Schweser Live Mock, CFAI 2012 mock and Samples.

Schweser L2 exams are pretty bad but the BSAS exam was awful. I won’t even do the afternoon session. Maybe I’ll do it on Friday to pysche myself up a bit!

If only the Institute walked you through the calculations on exam…