BSAS mock exam

Did anyone else take the BSAS mock exam last Saturday? What did you think? How did you score? For those who have taken the CFAI mock, how did it compare? I thought the exam difficulty was on par with Stalla’s practice questions. I used nearly the entire time during the morning session and about 2.5 hours in the afternoon session but I did not recheck my answers at the end. I scored a 74% in the morning session and a 76% in the afternoon session. My scores by topic ranged from 68% (Q Meth) to 89% (Ethics). I still haven’t taken the CFAI mock. I am curious to see how it will compare.

What does BSAS stand for?

Boston Security Analysts Society. In my area, the exam was sponsored by the CFA Society of Washington, DC but I believe they offered this mock in other cities as well.

that was so early for a live mock… that means you’re so fast in your preparation, you shd feel more confident now

did they give you access to their online test bank too?

No, just mock exam and the answer key.

I took the BSAS mock exam offered by the CFA Society of Washington, DC last Saturday too. My total was only a 62.08%; I scored pretty evenly between the morning and afternoon sessions. I found that I did really well on Econ and Ethics, but have some work to do on Corporate Finance and FSA. While I would have liked to do a lot better than 62%, I’m glad I took it now and still have 4 weeks to prepare. I spent the last 2 days going over every answer I got wrong and calculating the right answers, and am going to spend the week doing Q-Bank questions. I also have yet to take the CFAI mock but am going to do so this upcoming Saturday or Sunday. Overall I thought it was well worth the money and time to take the exam. AndrewUNH, to answer your question, no, they did not give us access to any online test bank.

did they correct your mock exam right away ? How come you got your score so quickly ? Was it a computer-based one ?

Basically it was a large room full of people taking Mock Level I, II, and III exams. For Level I it was 120 questions in a 3 hour span in the morning, same int he afternoon, to mimic the test. Once you were done in the afternoon you were free to leave, and they handed you an answer book which provided the correct answers, what LOS the question was from, and for some answers, more details, such as if there were any calculations needed. I just went home and graded it myself that day, then went over the answers in detail the next 2 days.

ok, then the score dcfox83 gave is just his own estimate…i was wondering how fast they are providing it

for anyone who cares or has the money you could buy access to their online test bank it’s pretty good

I will take it in Boston on the 21st. The online Q-bank is pretty good, difficult questions, but they provide four answers to select instead of three which violates the “practice how you play” maxim. For that reason I prefer Schweser. I hope the format for the live mock on the 21st is more representative of exam.

I agree. When i saw their A B C D choices of answers, i just skipped it

I couldn’t disagree more. Their questions are much harder & better than Schweser’s. No offense to schweser, I love them too, but there is a difference. If anything, having more answer choices will make you think harder to eliminate those. weezerdog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will take it in Boston on the 21st. The online > Q-bank is pretty good, difficult questions, but > they provide four answers to select instead of > three which violates the “practice how you play” > maxim. For that reason I prefer Schweser. I hope > the format for the live mock on the 21st is more > representative of exam.

Hi i took this exam today and got 64%ish on both. They were the first mocks ive taken and found time management an issue. I left about 12-14 questions out on each exam. Did anyone else found time management hard in this exam because of all the calculations. or do you think the quant/qualitative split was fair in this exam. Did anybody else find this exam tougher than others? Thanks

their test is tough…but if you can re-do all the problems and be able to do them on your own without cheating, then you should be in good shape. Maybe make some flashcards, write it out on legal pad, whatever, keep writing & doing the problems and thinking about what’s going on in each

How is BSAS questions compared to schweser practice exams? A friend of mine allowed me to borrow her 2010 practice exams and they seemed HARD. I took 2 so far and scored 75% on average. Elan 2011 mocks look so easy compared to the schweser practice exams…

You probably found them hard coz like 20% of the curriculum has changed. You got a 75% despite that? bapswarrior Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How is BSAS questions compared to schweser > practice exams? A friend of mine allowed me to > borrow her 2010 practice exams and they seemed > HARD. I took 2 so far and scored 75% on average. > Elan 2011 mocks look so easy compared to the > schweser practice exams…

i took the BSAS exam yesterday and thought their questions covered most of the material, btw AM and PM, and were “fair” in terms of what i have seen with my study so far. I got AM: 76% PM: 81%