BSAS

So I took this exam today, in Boston under exam-like conditions with a couple hundred other people. I did OK, about 73% on morning, and I got an 80% on the pm section. I got the last 5 questions wrong on the PM, so I had a much higher score going in to the last vignette. All in all, I was a bit surprised by the exam, I expected it to be a bit harder. I’ve never gotten an 80 on any schweser exam. PM harder than AM. Lots of errors in the exam, and at least one of their answers I definitely disagree with. If real exam approximates this one, I think I may just be alright. Anyone else take this exam, and how did you find it?

You got it Smarshy!

i wouldn’t call that just OK. I’m saving it for the last week of studying.

Some of the questions are ridiculously easy, so you might not get much utility out of it the last week of studying. Some of the hedging questions are downright impossible though. Janet, I’m curious, do you type in your name and that little smiley face after every post, or do you have some sort of automatic signature?

Smarshy, I know your Street’s State paid for your exam but would you have paid for it yourself knowing what it’s like? (Obviously, this is a difficult way to ask if you’d advise moi to purchase the exam)

smashed it smarshy!!! - looks like you’re set for the real thing. - i tried to book for the BSAS test in Sydney next weekend - but it was booked out! - must be sudden panic in the ranks…

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some of the questions are ridiculously easy, so > you might not get much utility out of it the last > week of studying. Some of the hedging questions > are downright impossible though. > > Janet, I’m curious, do you type in your name and > that little smiley face after every post, or do > you have some sort of automatic signature? Smarshy, If you go into “My Control Center” there’s a signature function in there that you can use for adding to your posts.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smarshy, I know your Street’s State paid for your > exam but would you have paid for it yourself > knowing what it’s like? > > (Obviously, this is a difficult way to ask if > you’d advise moi to purchase the exam) Yes I would. If you do well, the temporary feeling of elation and the subsequent day of relaxion would be a bargain at twice the price. If you don’t do well, you’ve got a handy list of your trouble spots from which to study. Basically, I just think its a very good idea to take practice exams from as many different sources as possible. We all suffer from “Schweser Bias”. btw, there is a chance that my employer will reject the expense (I haven’t submitted it yet) and I took the exam knowingn the risk.

Ok nice, you do get to take it home right?

Yes…but you’re buying it off the web, right? So you’d just print it out. You can take it home. You don’t have to do the whole exam standing there at the printer.

That’s actually quite a good tip. You have no idea how much it hurts to write an exam that way. Horrible. Just horrible.

I also took the BSAS exam. I got a 65 in the morning and 78 in the afternoon. I feel pretty comfortable that with a final review of the material and a heavy dose of other practice exams, I’ll be okay. Taking nothing for granted though. I also took these exams for Leve I and II and found them to be a good gauge on what I knew and what I needed to focus more on.

Even for L2, exams are very easy not worth of $150. I remember this exam was kind of very close to real one in past but now I guess now BSAS just wants to make money and ready to compromise with the quality. Smarshy, I didn’t know that you work for SS. I used to work there until December and got laid off.

Really? Do we know eachother? Are we friends? I’m with the GA part of SS. Were you? (sorry to hear of the layoff, we lost alot of good men out there.)

I was in SSGM and then worked in ETI (Milton) for few months before this happened. Now I am working across the street to SS main rival in Asset Mgmt

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- (sorry to > hear of the layoff, we lost alot of good men out > there.) Playing with the Yankees?

There is no ‘ctrl’ button on Smarshy’s computer. Smarshy is always in control.

As an FYI, I heard the BSAS Errata should be posted on the 26th on their website.

Does anybody have a PDF of the BSAS exam and/or answer key by any chance??

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Smarshy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > (sorry to > > hear of the layoff, we lost alot of good men > out > > there.) > > Playing with the Yankees? I don’t get this.