BSD: Ferrari in Living Room or Hacksaw: it's only a 360?

Hmm. I can see many people financing cars if dealers offer a low rate as part of a promotion. This might actually be more economical overall. If you cannot afford to pay for the car up front, you probably need to buy a cheaper car.

I suppose almost all possessions can probably be considered “disposable”… although probably, expensive cars are more disposable, since they turnover and depreciate at a higher rate, at least from new.

Man, I need to tell ya’ll some real BSD stories from the dealership when I have a chance.

All are hating. This setup is classy…although I think a 911 would look better in there.

give us a preview

^

• I’ve seen clients who paid $25k-$50k over sticker to buy a super car that just came out.

• had an old guy order a $150k coupe, took 8 weeks or so to build. This is a car we have in stock but not in the color he wanted. He paid MSRP since it was special order. Took delivery and came back back after 100 MILES! Said the car is bigger than it appears in the picture. We gave him like $115k-120k and his wife gave him a ride home.

• Had a lady who came in and was super confused. She was like, “I wrote a check for this car ($100k+ sedan), why did I get a letter from a finance company saying I owe a payment?” Accounting did some digging and it turns out, when her husband came to pick up the car, our finance manager convinced him to finance at some really low rate and has been making payments autopayments (letter was just a receipt ). The check was still in the file and she never noticed the $100k wasn’t taken out of their checking account.

• Had another guy order a high performance V8 version of our flagship sedan, matte white, built to his spec ($150k-ish) He took it for a 20 mile test spin and came back angry because the car kept starting and stopping (to save fuel). We told him, if you press this button before you set off, it will turn that feature off. He was pissed because “I don’t wanna push any damn buttons”. We thought about it and saw we had the V12 twin turbo version of that car, which did not have the feature. No clue why the salesperson didn’t build him one of these in the first place but the guy bought it right away cause he really needed a car, even though it wasn’t the exact color he wanted, like $220k.

• My favorite BSD guy… retired guy started as a teller and rose to an executive position at one of the largest publically traded banks. Living large! He bought 2 cars from me… we chatted about the markets and I said I always wanted to work in finance but didn’t want to go back to school, as I felt my econ degree didn’t get me far. He said he worked with some guys who were charterholders and they seemed bright, I should give it a shot, “just a couple test”. Spent the commission from the second car on Level I.

^those a great

I’ve seen these before, but think it was Shanghai. There’s an entire apartment block where you drive your Lambo/Ferarri/Bentley into a “parking bay” underground, and by the the time you’ve take the lift back into your apartment your car has been taken up into your living room.

Here’s the Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXpgT285ps

hacksaw too. The whole thing looks like a pop deli built next to a car dealership.

It looks nice, but not sure why you would want to own a Ferrari in Hong Kong… basically no where to drive it. Would be like owning one in Manhattan, but essentially you can’t leave the island…

I say no to BSD and likely overcompensating; hacksaw! Now owning a plane in HK (preferably a luxury sea-plane), that’d be the way to do it. Trips to small SE Asian islands.