Bump it!

How far is work for you and what’s the gradient, generally flattish commute?

This video captures the experience well. I would say the main difference is I don’t think I’d ever just take a scooter out for a night spin.

And this is similar to my lights setup and what night riding is like (I think he’s on a Meepo with my same light kit which is ShredLights):

Yeah, I have wanted an electric board for a while, but the need to pick up/drop off kids on a regular basis has made me hold off. For fun, I get it. For utility, in my circumstance, it just doesn’t make sense.

I’m currently looking into electric bikes, like the Radwagon or something. The fact you don’t need to pedal really means that I can stay dry on the way to school and then work.

You have to watch the spray off the back wheel though. Are you saying then the kids would also ride bikes or is this separate from the whole kid constraint. You could always get the zero.

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

That actually looks pretty fun. I sold my bike when I moved to Toronto due to the high risk of being killed by reckless drivers. Been itching to get a new one ever since. 13 large is a steep price to pay tho for a casual rider like me.

That looks very interesting…

I’ve been thinking about a motorcycle. I’ve never ridden one before and don’t know anything them though.

in california. motorcyclists drive crazy. they should really be more careful. its very dangerous to ride a bike.

Yeah I’m always hesitant to recommend people get into motorcyling. It’s just highly risky even with full precautions.

This would be for commuting with a kid in tow (thus the electric cargo bike focus). There are a lot of bike trails around me, so I would ideally want an electric bicycle as opposed to an electric motorcycle so that I can take advantage of the traffic free and pleasant bike paths and dedicated lanes. I only need to go a few miles, so the 20 mph max speed without pedaling is not a factor. They look like the below, far less “extreme” than an electric skateboard, lol. Dad life.

Ahh but so much fun tho.When I had my bike I lived in a town of 100k people… lots of empty winding roads through the woods. Bikes are great, it’s the other drivers that you have to watch out for. But on the whole, totally agree, dangerous as hell.

What’s the fastest, most powerful motorcycle I can get for under $20k, please advice tanks

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Kawasaki-Ninja®-H2-5010219254

That will do, love the carbon fiber, so much want