Burning the quran by the florida pastor

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which country?! The one that starts with I? And > by that I don’t mean Iran or Iraq, lol. > > Anyways, point taken former trader. No one cries > when many Palestinian children get killed by > shrapnel, since he/she is only collateral damage. So who cries when Kurdish children are killed by shrapnel? Or when Baloch children are killed by shrapnel? Or when Timorese children are killed by shrapnel? Or when Sudanese children are killed by shrapnel? Or SL Tamil or Yemeni or Indian… I could go on for a while. Are you only supposed to cry when Israel does the killing? If so, why is that? Does it only hurt when you’re killed by Jews?

the problem is that a lot of people lack perspective…obama was not wrong when he said people cling to their guns and religion …not only true in rural mid america but also in some place of the middeast, caribbean etc etc …the poor and downtrodden of the earth with no hope for betterment, with a sole focus on making it to tomorrow take pride in simple things of which the rest of the classes should take note …burning a book is just a book being burnt ( by the way did u pay for the book then ur a bigger jackass than i thought) but in the same way as i know night clubs if u step on someone clarks and ur response doesnt follow a certain pattern n tone you will be killed …its not how it should be but simply how it is …now how do we proceed from here do both sides keep aggravating each other ? only if you are comfortable dropping a nuke and killing every single one of them ( rwanda style) can this path be meaningful …no we must work together as noted free trade between nation is the detriment to war…religion fundamentalism loses its appeal when the basic life needs are met … /incohorrent rant

gulfcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am muslim and I almost do not mind the buring of > the Quran… > > Yes to me it is the word of god, but just cause > “you” decided to burn it does not meen a thing… > > At the end all you are doing is burning A5 paper > and looking like a fool… > > You wana hate on muslims, come try to kills us, or > fire us from our jobs, not that I want that, but > at least your trying to do something about > it…you are not gona stop us by burning a book Why is burning a book and exercising free speech looking like a fool? I think your response shows you are clearly biased, even though you say you are not. If buying your holy book and burning it makes the guy happy and is his right, you getting pissed or annoyed at it makes you look more like a fool.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Interestingly, we just had this discussion at > > work. A seemingly retarded lady told me that > > burning the Koran was a hate crime, to which I > > responded that the victim under that statute > > cannot be a book, and followed up by pointing > out > > that then bra burning is a hate crime too (in > this > > case, call me a hater). She also tried to tell > me > > that burning a book somehow wasn’t covered > under > > freedom of speech. Which I responded to by > > staring at her like she had 3 eyes. I then > > outlined that flag burning, bible burning, KKK > > rallies and the “God hates Gays” church are all > > covered under freedom of speech and she’s > drawing > > the line now? And while all of those things > are > > despicable and each attacks sacred beliefs, it > is > > important that the government does not get to > > decide what opinions may be expressed based > upon > > whatever values happen to be in vogue. Such a > > system would have prevented protests against > > segregation in the south. Plain and simple, > > situations like these are where the rubber > meets > > the proverbial road with the bill of rights. > Many > > died to create and uphold those rights, we > > shouldn’t turn away now. She pointed out that > the > > timing was wrong and I said, when is the right > > time? She also pointed out that “We could just > > not allow him to do it” and I countered with > “We > > could just not allow Muslims in the US.” Both > are > > wrong, but both are great instances of why > freedom > > of speech and the bill of rights must be upheld. > > > We have let people burn the books of every > other > > religion, we cannot create a constitutional > > exception for the Koran now in the face of > threats > > of violence. It sets the precedent that > violent > > threat is a valid negotiating tool vs the US. > > > > Regarding the “Mosque at Ground Zero”, it is not > a > > mosque, it is a community center. And it is > not > > at ground zero, it is 2+ NYC blocks away and > not > > even visible from ground zero despite being 13 > > stories tall. It features: a 500-seat > auditorium, > > theater, performing arts center, fitness > center, > > swimming pool, basketball court, childcare > area, > > bookstore, culinary school, art studio, food > > court, September 11 memorial, and prayer space > > that could accommodate 1,000–2,000 people. > > +10000000 Very well written. > > I still do not agree with the idea of the > community center at GZ, but I do defend their > right to build it there. Why don’t you agree with the community centre?

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gulfcfa Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am muslim and I almost do not mind the buring > of > > the Quran… > > > > Yes to me it is the word of god, but just cause > > “you” decided to burn it does not meen a > thing… > > > > At the end all you are doing is burning A5 > paper > > and looking like a fool… > > > > You wana hate on muslims, come try to kills us, > or > > fire us from our jobs, not that I want that, > but > > at least your trying to do something about > > it…you are not gona stop us by burning a book > > Why is burning a book and exercising free speech > looking like a fool? I think your response shows > you are clearly biased, even though you say you > are not. > > If buying your holy book and burning it makes the > guy happy and is his right, you getting pissed or > annoyed at it makes you look more like a fool. Your argument is complete sh*t, people may have the right to act a certain way but they should realize that their are consequences to their behaviour, legal or not. Publicly destroying something that is central to the religious beliefs of a significant proportion of the world’s population as an assertion of a misguided political position may be legal. however it certainly is foolish at the least as well as extremely provocative. The consequences of this provocation may in fact make it illegal in the same manner as yelling fire in a movie theatre.

^ so we should erase the freedom of speech that the US is founded on and has suffered to uphold by rewriting it to say “as long as your opinion isn’t offensive to either the majority or the misguided extremists”? I don’t care about religion, but change our freedoms under threat of foreign acts of terrrorism? Screw that, and screw you too man. That acceptance and openmindedness voiced by the first ammendment (first for a reason) in the US protected the lives of countless US Muslims in the wake of 9/11. Had the situation been reversed in any middle east country that would not have been the case. I refuse to be threatened into behaving like the illiterate scum that beheads a worker trying to provide them with aid. People think the US is a bunch of pushovers and take for granted the graces extended to them, and they think the US should be intimidated by a few Haji’s with IED’s and machetes because they’re sooo scary. Remember that when things get real and we’re left without options the US is the only nation in the world to have Nuked and firebombed it’s opponents civilian populations before you lecture us on “the consequences of provocation”.

^ Agree with Black Swan. Freedom of speech only for popular ideas is no freedom of speech at all. (there are obvious exceptions like yelling “fire”, “bomb”, and “MBA > CFA” on test day, but I’m referring more to expression of course)

Also want to add, some of my friends are Muslims and they are cool people. They don’t wear their religion on their sleeve at all. I’d rather hang out with them than with kkent.

Same, I’ve studied islam, attended Friday prayers and done homestays with Muslims and honestly, I went on a few dates with a pretty liberal Muslim girl in Egypt (she lives in Kuwait, upper class, models, etc) and I’d have gone full Muslim for her in a heartbeat if I lived over there. No kidding man, she was all that and a bag of chips. I have huge respect for Islam as spelled out in the Koran. It’s the twisted distortion of it practiced by extremists that drives me ape sh*t.

pics?

or she doesn’t exist?

This thread turned from heated statements about fundamental differences in secular vs. religious values, western values vs. fundamentalist islamic values, freedom of expression vs. religious dictums, and maybe the extent of justified violence … into talk about hot chicks. HAHA! Gotta love AF back office.

I agree, Id also do a hot muslim chick, therefore I am not a racist.

^lol also, Islam is not a race

It’s a book. Who cares? They should have burned a bible, a Torah, and Tina Fey’s new book along with it to prove that point. Add to that a copy of the CFA code of ethics (especially the GIPS section). If Muslims want to hold onto strife they are welcome to it; they are only hurting themselves. Dead soldeirs are cheap and easy to replace. Investment, infrastructure and other capital are not. Islam should just do what the Indians and Chinese do, take over the world through the economy.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iteracom Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > gulfcfa Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I am muslim and I almost do not mind the > buring > > of > > > the Quran… > > > > > > Yes to me it is the word of god, but just > cause > > > “you” decided to burn it does not meen a > > thing… > > > > > > At the end all you are doing is burning A5 > > paper > > > and looking like a fool… > > > > > > You wana hate on muslims, come try to kills > us, > > or > > > fire us from our jobs, not that I want that, > > but > > > at least your trying to do something about > > > it…you are not gona stop us by burning a > book > > > > Why is burning a book and exercising free > speech > > looking like a fool? I think your response > shows > > you are clearly biased, even though you say you > > are not. > > > > If buying your holy book and burning it makes > the > > guy happy and is his right, you getting pissed > or > > annoyed at it makes you look more like a fool. > > Your argument is complete sh*t, people may have > the right to act a certain way but they should > realize that their are consequences to their > behaviour, legal or not. > > Publicly destroying something that is central to > the religious beliefs of a significant proportion > of the world’s population as an assertion of a > misguided political position may be legal. however > it certainly is foolish at the least as well as > extremely provocative. The consequences of this > provocation may in fact make it illegal in the > same manner as yelling fire in a movie theatre. It’s pretty clear your argument is complete poo. It’s exactly your type of radicalist thinking that make this world horrible because people get pissed enough to kill others just because someone printed some words you believe in into a book and burned it. That’s the real psychopath. Your argument of “consequences of provocation” is ludicrous. If today I decided to worship a crab, and I saw someone legally catch one in a lake and eat it, his actions will be “provocative”, and I should go kill someone?

At least it was not burning the CFA Standards of Practice Handbook, 10th Edition. That would have been truly blasphemous.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > iteracom Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > gulfcfa Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > I am muslim and I almost do not mind the > > buring > > > of > > > > the Quran… > > > > > > > > Yes to me it is the word of god, but just > > cause > > > > “you” decided to burn it does not meen a > > > thing… > > > > > > > > At the end all you are doing is burning A5 > > > paper > > > > and looking like a fool… > > > > > > > > You wana hate on muslims, come try to kills > > us, > > > or > > > > fire us from our jobs, not that I want > that, > > > but > > > > at least your trying to do something about > > > > it…you are not gona stop us by burning a > > book > > > > > > Why is burning a book and exercising free > > speech > > > looking like a fool? I think your response > > shows > > > you are clearly biased, even though you say > you > > > are not. > > > > > > If buying your holy book and burning it makes > > the > > > guy happy and is his right, you getting > pissed > > or > > > annoyed at it makes you look more like a > fool. > > > > Your argument is complete sh*t, people may have > > the right to act a certain way but they should > > realize that their are consequences to their > > behaviour, legal or not. > > > > Publicly destroying something that is central > to > > the religious beliefs of a significant > proportion > > of the world’s population as an assertion of a > > misguided political position may be legal. > however > > it certainly is foolish at the least as well as > > extremely provocative. The consequences of > this > > provocation may in fact make it illegal in the > > same manner as yelling fire in a movie theatre. > > It’s pretty clear your argument is complete poo. > It’s exactly your type of radicalist thinking that > make this world horrible because people get pissed > enough to kill others just because someone printed > some words you believe in into a book and burned > it. > > That’s the real psychopath. > > Your argument of “consequences of provocation” is > ludicrous. If today I decided to worship a crab, > and I saw someone legally catch one in a lake and > eat it, his actions will be “provocative”, and I > should go kill someone? @iteracom - do you have any idea you are comparing what to what?

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s a book. Who cares? They should have burned > a bible, a Torah, and Tina Fey’s new book along > with it to prove that point. Add to that a copy > of the CFA code of ethics (especially the GIPS > section). > > If Muslims want to hold onto strife they are > welcome to it; they are only hurting themselves. > Dead soldeirs are cheap and easy to replace. > Investment, infrastructure and other capital are > not. Islam should just do what the Indians and > Chinese do, take over the world through the > economy. “Dead soldeirs are cheap and easy to replace” ChickenTikka you’re an arse!

^ Sameer, Iteracom’s comparison is fair, how is you killing a crab he worships an offense any less criminal than someone burning a bunch of printed pages someone else worships? Or is “freedom” of speech something that only applies to what you believe should be protected?