Burnout and Retention

Well tonight my brain is feeling the effect of burnout, so I’m just gonna give it a rest. I also feel like the volume to be learned is so much that I’m struggling to retain it all. I’ve done EOCs for books 1-4 and even though they helped a lot, I’m finding it hard to remember stuff. Is this normal for you guys too?

#1: Learn the concepts the first time around. #2: When you’re doing review questions, you’ll start to recognize what’s important and what isn’t - i.e. certain questions start to get asked over and over again. #3: Learn how to do those types of questions cold. For L1, I remember taking about 2 weeks off between when I finished studying the books, and when I started doing questions (COD: Modern Warfare 2 had just come out). After that two weeks, it was almost as if I hadn’t studied at all - took another week or two just to get back into it. Won’t be making the same mistake twice -

cgeorgan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > #1: Learn the concepts the first time around. > > #2: When you’re doing review questions, you’ll > start to recognize what’s important and what isn’t > - i.e. certain questions start to get asked over > and over again. > > #3: Learn how to do those types of questions > cold. > > For L1, I remember taking about 2 weeks off > between when I finished studying the books, and > when I started doing questions (COD: Modern > Warfare 2 had just come out). After that two > weeks, it was almost as if I hadn’t studied at all > - took another week or two just to get back into > it. Won’t be making the same mistake twice - LOL, COD put a cramp in my L1 (and current L2) studies…

CoD caused me alot of missed study nights… Chopper Gunner bitches!

I had a burnout experience last week; if anyone cares, here it is: level2orbust.blogspot.com

I’m the same. I upped my weekly study to 20 hours in April and unfortunately also have a couple of friends having relationship difficulties which means means boozing is compulsory. That on top of 40 hours at work and I just hit the wall. Regarding retention I only seem to be able to recall the last 3 study sessions Ive done. I’m crossing my fingers and hoping I can ram it all in the last week. So the plan is less booze, less work , more sleep and more study…

yeah im having the same problems, things i thought I knew, I dont know as well anymore, gives me panic attacks but I just revise my study schedule to make sure im revising my serious problem areas a little often, its more time but i think it’ll be worth it in the end

this exam is such a crap shoot…hopefully you know what they’re asking if not hello june 2011…and basically more than half of us will fail no matter what

no studying tonight, watching kevin durant get his game back… chopper gunner, HA!

I am having the same problems with retention. I have read all the schweser books and completed the questions in the books, made my own flash cards for each study session, 1600 Qbank questions, and just started with the EOC questions last week and will try to complete them all. I hate how L2 is such a crapshoot and I really don’t want to take this test again. I am doing a Schweser 3-day weekend and I plan on taking at least 5 pracice exams, so I am just hoping the more I go over this stuff the more it’ll sink in and hopefully will get a little lucky on exam day. I can’t wait to be done with this!

Posted by: L2Sucks (IP Logged) [ I can’t wait to be done with this!! me too!

…its pathetic that so many people (myself included) are “hoping” to get lucky on exam day. I mean what does that say about this exam. for the GMATs and the series exams etc they tell you exactly what you need to know…like why cant CFAI do that

Level 1 too, it helps knowing the weighting for each section. Much easier to study for than Level 2.

totally agree why they couldnt specify exact % of weight like L1 :frowning:

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …its pathetic that so many people (myself > included) are “hoping” to get lucky on exam day. > I mean what does that say about this exam. > > for the GMATs and the series exams etc they tell > you exactly what you need to know…like why cant > CFAI do that they do…only its so freakin huge i forgot it!