bush's latest plan of action

“Meanwhile, Bush’s chief spokeswoman, Dana Perino, revealed the president’s thinking about a national speech and said the country is at risk of a ‘‘calamity’’ without bold action to calm down the markets and soothe nervous Americans.” (NYT today) oh boy, that’s going to help - “poor people of this nation, listen up, if you don’t give the rich people your money right now, the rich people will stop lending you money, and your world will end, so quit doing due diligence on how your precious little savings are going to be used, and just hand over the money now” this guy needs to be indicted, tried, convicted and executed for treason.

I think executing the President qualifies as “bold action” and would certainly be soothing to many Americans. I just hope it runs on regular networks instead of being pay-per-view.

I’m really shocked by the sheer chutzpah of Bernanke and especially Paulson saying “bail out the banks for free”. I initially thought that this was a plan to buy up assets off distressed banks in return for capital raisings - But it’s just another MLEC. I understand why the banks are pushing hard for this, but why is the SecTreas playing the stupid game? Did he really expect the US congress to just wave this through in an election year? dickheads.

“revealed the president’s thinking about a national speech and said the country is at risk of a ‘‘calamity’’ without bold action” hmm where did i hear that one before. oh right, before the iraq mess

chrismaths Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m really shocked by the sheer chutzpah of > Bernanke and especially Paulson saying “bail out > the banks for free”. I initially thought that this > was a plan to buy up assets off distressed banks > in return for capital raisings - But it’s just > another MLEC. > > I understand why the banks are pushing hard for > this, but why is the SecTreas playing the stupid > game? Did he really expect the US congress to just > wave this through in an election year? > > dickheads. come on, all executive branches get away with murder by scare-mongering .dont forget:WMD - sign NOW.will cost just a fifty billion or so. just the continuation of an established pattern.ditto with FDR and the new deal.

my irritation stems from the president of a nation trying to get his way by essentially provoking a mass riot, i.e. making the retail investors panic. this certainly is highly irresponsible, if not outright illegal abuse of positions of power.

I agree that it was a poor choice of words, but there’s more to being a good leader than being a good communicator.