Business school at U. Michigan

Does anybody know anything about the program at Michigan? I heard that they were ranked #5, but that must be a mistake. A friend of mine was telling me I should check out Appalachian State instead, but I don’t even know where that is. Do they really have a better program than Michigan?

Bwahahahhahahhaahahahah! Unbelievable! Michigan should lose its rankings for the next 5-10 years in all sports and in all academic programs. That is a totally and utterly unacceptable loss. Michigan–my God. They should be demeaned. And UVa–tee hee–lost to Wyoming…ha!

Michigan had a very reputable program a few years back. I am sure the progarm is still very strong and is at least top 10 today.

No, I don’t really think so. I think the program has suffered mightily since the halcyon days of Dean Schembechler.

It sure will be fun ripping on all the UM fans I know around here…where to start, where to start

Sooo upset. That’s what your get when you extend the season by adding an extra game and playing a no name Divison 1 AA team to collect a few million dollars more in revenue? I think that was the first time a Divison 1 A team went up against 1 AA ? JoeyD–The Business school is in North Carolina…

1A schools play 1AA schools every year. And KKent, while I’ll admit that UVA is garbage this year, your Hokies didn’t exactly shine against ECU.

Zforce12000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sooo upset. That’s what your get when you extend > the season by adding an extra game and playing a > no name Divison 1 AA team to collect a few million > dollars more in revenue? > > I think that was the first time a Divison 1 A team > went up against 1 AA ? > > JoeyD–The Business school is in North > Carolina… (I know. Ran Grandfather Mountain Marathon one year starting from there. Bambi should do it when she gets done running those wuss races like NYC Marathon).

bdubya, well, a W is a W. I’m looking forward to VT smacking UVa for the 4th year in a row.

Dont hate on Michigan… If it weren’t Michigan, it wouldn’t have been such a big upset. Go BLUE… Too bad, Henne and Hart will never win a National Championship.

bdubya–only for the last 2 years. I still am a wolverine fan ! Go Blue.

Save it for the Loser’s Anonymous Meetings. None of us need to deal with your issues.

Although it is a terrible loss, if Michigan runs the table they still have a legit shot at the national title. They’d be 11-1 at the end of the season and coming off consecutive wins at MSU, at Wisc and vs OSU.

I disagree, Holdside. They could go 11-1 and easily get shut out by other 12-0, 11-1 or even 10-2 teams. This was a humiliation of epic proportions and the voters will not allow a team that lost to a I-AA team in THEIR own house a shot at the title.

Sure - run the table while Lloyd Carr and all his staff are shopping their resumes. They will probably go 1-2 facing the cream puffs on their schedule (ASU, Eastern Michigan, Notre Dame). Next weekend, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it will probably beat Michigan…

You’re telling me at the end of the season you’d take any 10-2 team over a Michigan team which just rattled off 11 straight wins including back to back Wisc and OSU (assuming those teams pan out) because of a stupid loss in the first weak of the season? If you say yes, I’ll be hurt, not because you disagree with me, but because you’re lying to yourself. Obviously the hardest part here is Michigan running the table, and I didn’t say that was likely. I’m just trying to put this in perspective.

LOL, I’m not lying to myself, man. It’s not a “stupid loss in the first weak of the season.” #5 Michigan lost to I-AA Appalachian St. at HOME. #5 Michigan became the first ranked team in HISTORY to lose to a I-AA team. Let’s get some perspective on this. 12-0 Auburn of the SEC (clearly the best football conference) was shut out of the 2005 BCS title. Michigan will almost certainly drop out of the rankings (or to the very bottom of the rankings), meaning it has to jump 20-30 spots to #2 in the BCS rankings. Michigan’s loss will destroy it in the computer rankings, if nothing else. You can’t recover title hopes with a I-AA loss; the computers won’t allow it.

bm_chicago Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont hate on Michigan… > If it weren’t Michigan, it wouldn’t have been such > a big upset. > Go BLUE… > Too bad, Henne and Hart will never win a National > Championship. So, if it was a team that was not ranked as high, it wouldn’t have been such a big upset? Wow, what astute logic!

i’d be willing to bet appy st could win many non-bcs conferences. they could probably also hang with some bcs conferences. these guys are basically the usc of their peers. i’d further bet if they played all teams in the top 25, they’d do better than we give them credit. i think we’ll see by the end of the season that michigan isn’t a bad team (though not top 10, but maybe 15). and this is coming from a big time sec snob (read: can’t stand the big 10/thinks they’re overrated).

mlh, once again, I have to disagree. Now, maybe App. St. could beat a few top 25 teams if they weren’t expecting a real game (like Michigan wasn’t), but teams that have won big games don’t get the same treatment. Any team (including Michigan) in the top 25 (with legitimate preparation) would mop the floor with App. St. 98 out of 100 times because App. St. wouldn’t sneak up on the opponent. I’ve seen this time and again in college football where teams that are huge underdogs win games they shouldn’t because teams don’t adequately prepare and/or overlook the opponent, and everyone talks about them as if they are legitimately good, and then the next game/season, they suck again–App. St. wouldn’t sneak up on anyone again.