business school

Anyone in–or applying to–business school? Do you feel schools looked seriously at your cfa involvement?

i am and i think it wil probably count for less than it should.

the only benefit I’ve heard it may provide proof of basic quant/acct’g ability is in the case of a undergrad in say history or english.

I got into a top 5, and I sold the CFA as a differentiation to the typical applicant looking into a finance concentration. Everyone can say that they want to learn more about their profession, but the CFA is proof of that intent and determination. Also shows that you can handle academic rigor.

Are you a candidate ChicagoPMA or do you have the charter?

ChicagoPMA…shoot me an email when you get a second… chadtap@gmail.com

ChicagoPMA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got into a top 5, and I sold the CFA as a > differentiation to the typical applicant looking > into a finance concentration. Everyone can say > that they want to learn more about their > profession, but the CFA is proof of that intent > and determination. Also shows that you can handle > academic rigor. why finance concentration when u have the CFA?

ChicagoPMA, When you get a chance E-mail me as well at snr5@duke.edu. Thanks.

finished MBA 2 months ago at top 20 and i worked alongside the admissions officers the first year. CFA def helps – we all know how hard it is and it shows that you got rigor. All the level II guys that got into the program killed the first yr finance classes. bottom line is it cannot hurt you, only help you. pretty good risk reward if you want to layer MBA atop the charter.