Business Valuation Certifications

Hello, in May I received a Bachelors degree with a major in Finance. I am now working full-time as a Business Valuation Analyst at a regional accounting firm. I was wondering which certifications I should pursue to have a successful career in valuation or similar fields. CPA would require me to go back to school for a year, so not sure if this is worth it. CFA interests me, but the people I work alongside do not have this certification so I am unsure about this. And then there are a lot of valuation specific certifications that could benefit me but I don’t know much about them, so if anyone has experience or an opinion on this topic please let me know. Any information is helpful, thanks!

You should check out the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). They offer a few qualifications for those in valuation.

1 Like

Will do. This is the one I have heard from my coworkers, thank you for your input!

1 Like

National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) would be the right place for you!