businessweek 2010 b-school ranking leak

http://forums.businessweek.com/bw-bschools/messages/?msg=80749

Wow. And from the Man himself at that! Thanks, CFAdetroit.

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow. And from the Man himself at that! Thanks, > CFAdetroit. I notice some sarcasm. I checked the US news video that it allegedy came from and you can in fact make the names of the schools out in the background.

I think he was pointing out that the poster of the rankings was “God”. Yay for my alma mater bumping up 2 ranks if it’s true.

I know that b-school rankings certainly aren’t the be-all and end-all (although these might be legit since they’re coming from “God”), but I was surprised that Columbia was ranked #8. I thought it might be better than that, but that could just be because of my personal bias towards schools in metro locations. Any of you guys look at schools ranked #5-10 during your business school candidacy process, and if so, what were your thoughts about how Columbia measures up?

CFADetroit, as MCalamari pointed out, I was referring to the fact that the OP on the other site’s handle is “God” – no disrespect. Numi, sorry for not getting back to you – feel free to go to town with that 3rd party research. All I ask is that you don’t share the link with anyone else.

businessweek 2010 b-school ranking “leak” … on businessweek forums if it was a real leak, don’t you think it would have been removed?

Man, I wish I could get paid to tell people Harvard, Stanford and Wharton were top 5 business schools…

i worked with some columbia people and pretty solid

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFADetroit, as MCalamari pointed out, I was > referring to the fact that the OP on the other > site’s handle is “God” – no disrespect. > > Numi, sorry for not getting back to you – feel > free to go to town with that 3rd party research. > All I ask is that you don’t share the link with > anyone else. No worries man - thanks for the help - much appreciated

Columbia has been ranked #1 recently. If you’re looking for finance after graduation, no way Kellogg, Berkleyor probably even MIT beat Columbia. It would be interesting to see how the general trend towards Consulting away from banking effect the rankings…

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Columbia has been ranked #1 recently. If you’re > looking for finance after graduation, no way > Kellogg, Berkleyor probably even MIT beat > Columbia. > > It would be interesting to see how the general > trend towards Consulting away from banking effect > the rankings… I believe that Northwestern/Kellogg was ranked #1 through Business Week several years ago. They are one of the best, if not the best, when it comes to marketing. Places like MIT and CMU are best known for their operations departments. Despite being ahead or behind in overall rankings, each top school has their strengths. I’ve also heard that many consulting firms are making cut backs as well. While firms like McKinsey may be getting restructuring type projects within banks, others like Deloitte and Monitor have laid off a significant number of employees (those are the firms I know of).

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > businessweek 2010 b-school ranking “leak” … on > businessweek forums > > if it was a real leak, don’t you think it would > have been removed? Just to be clear, these are US News rankings, not BW rankings.

NUmi: COlumbia is universally ranked between 5 and 10 overall, except for the wsj ranking (last done in 2007). They had Columbia very, very high for finance. I don’t get it. I’;ve looked at their career placement, and its outstanding.