buy real estate or buy stocks?

What is better?

Do you mean buying properties in your area or REITs?

My opinion is that stocks will recover well in advance before real estate recovers. This also depends on the type of real estate you are looking at.

you don’t have to mow stocks…

You can buy pretty much anything at a good price right now.

Real Estate (on average) is still much more overvalued than stocks… Median home price divided by median income needs to get back down to 3.0 - 3.5 to hit historical levels. AZ, CA, FL, NV are still above 5.0 in some areas… With incomes not expected to grow rapidly, housing has a long ways down to go…

Umm, this all depends–there are thousands of different individual stocks and millions of different real estate investments.

I’m still bearish about both but I guess real estate is better because you might be able to get rent or utility out of it without regard to how much you could sell it for.

I’m still bearish about both but I guess real estate is better because you might be able to get rent or utility out of it without regard to how much you could sell it for.

I am bullish both stock and re. BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Why are you bullish? It seems to me that the bullish case is either: a) Everything has fallen a lot and things just don’t keep falling; or b) Government actions around the world are working to free up credit and liquidity and the worst is over. I would really like to believe b), but I don’t. Make the case…

Joey, i was kidding. I sold into the latest rally and waiting for another 10-15% pull back to rebuy. Why i think we didn’t reach the bottom (and i mean local minimum on 5 year period, not simple 1 month bottom) 1) Discretionary spending is declining, although declining oil frees up some resources but massive layoffs and grossly understated inflation takes a huge chunk away 2) Confidence is all time low and i don’t think it will bounce back in time to generate upward momentum in spending. 3) OPEC will cut oil production until they see $100 a barrell 4) Unwinding on carry trade will have huge consequences on Hedge Funds 5) Social security issue needs to be addressed 6) 401ks are way down so baby boomers might cut their spending to get used to reduced retirement packages list goes on and on

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joey, i was kidding. 'nuf said. I missed it…