Buying Bershire Hataway tomorrow. At $119.5K a share, worth it?

…probably a better than the S&P for now. I just need a place to park extra cash for 2 years.

why dont you buy 30 brkb instead? you will have more liquidity if you need.

I’m buying 4 shares. I could buy the class Bs I guess.

Buffet isn’t going to live forever. And I would put $$ on brk dropping a big chunk after he is gone.

For Brk to drop, wouldn’t the companies that make up Brk have to drop as well?

I sold brka last year. I like the story and all that - but at the end of the day it’s a 2-man show. When Warren & Charlie go, sentiment must surely drop. Sure they’ve got a transition plan to the new team, but plenty of people have tried to copy them and failed. Little to do with the value of the underlying stocks - listed investment co’s often trade at big discounts to the underlying - the issue is faith in management to add value and keep picking winners - and this will end with warren/charlie most likely - and the uncertainty will hit the share price. It will be the end of an era - sad but inspiring at the same time. But a friend of mine still holds it, goes to Omaha for the big shindig and comes home with a bag of Borsheim stuff every time…all for a good cause…

There’s some website that attempts to quantify the current value. Try googling brk intrinsic value calculator?

franknyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For Brk to drop, wouldn’t the companies that make > up Brk have to drop as well? uhm…brk is not a mutual fund? brk wholly owns 50-60 (I think, maybe its more) companies. Additionally, they hold large stakes in a bunch of other companies (ko & wfc for example). Part of the brk price is no doubt attributable to the man himself.

I hope youre not parking your cash for business school financial aid… why 2 years?

speaking of parking your cash for b-school. whats the best thing to do with your cash/investments to maximize your financial aid package when you apply?

buy a beamer CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > speaking of parking your cash for b-school. whats > the best thing to do with your cash/investments to > maximize your financial aid package when you > apply?