Buying Ford

THis is too strong an evidence not to buy. I am buying.

haha

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So does anyone know what may happen to their > pension plans if they are wiped out>? I’ve read that we, as taxpayers, will be funding said pensions if the Big 3 go completely under. Now easy, Joey, I’m half joking about what a good buy Ford would have been. I never acted like I had a great investment plan lined up, I was just thinking aloud for you guys to drop some comments. It’s just funny that the price is up about 150% since that point in time. To be honest, I don’t entirely understand why the price has skyrocketed.

Majority of Mazda stake has been sold now. I actually really like some of ford’s cars - Focus, Mondeo are both excellent. Just a shame they have promised the moon on a stick to all their workers for too long. That has to go bye bye - Chapter 11 or otherwise, they can’t continue to have such high fixed costs.

ksjhawk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So does anyone know what may happen to their > > pension plans if they are wiped out>? > > > I’ve read that we, as taxpayers, will be funding > said pensions if the Big 3 go completely under. > > Now easy, Joey, I’m half joking about what a good > buy Ford would have been. I never acted like I > had a great investment plan lined up, I was just > thinking aloud for you guys to drop some comments. > It’s just funny that the price is up about 150% > since that point in time. To be honest, I don’t > entirely understand why the price has skyrocketed. Maybe the govt is buying shares before it announces some big news… Is it in the SEC’s rights to monitor the govt’s trading, now that its a major player in the equity markets, or do confidential govt files remain confidential. hmmmm… govt’s manipulating the market.

The gov’t can’t be buying shares of Ford in anticipation of a buyout. I would seriously enjoy sending Paulson to jail for insider trading.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The gov’t can’t be buying shares of Ford in > anticipation of a buyout. I would seriously enjoy > sending Paulson to jail for insider trading. JDV, to salvage my credibility, I was obviously kidding… or was I?