CAIA-2 March '21: How did it go?

I took my exam yesterday, I came out feeling 50/50.

I thought the MC had a little more extra spin on them in as places, like they asked a few in a way I’ve never seen and before. But I also thought the essay was a little easier than I was anticipating, so for me personally I feel like it may come down to how low the curve goes, I will either be a low-passer or a high-failer, lol.

I was surprised at how much they didn’t ask questions about, but I guess that’s a function of a large body of knowledge.

I studied about 225 hours, worked really hard especially at the end, and have no regrets. Hopefully I pass but if not I’m out, one and done.

Fingers crossed :slight_smile: Which topics were focused in essay part?

Lol cute

I was also surprised by some MC questions and found myself best-guessing a few times. Hope it was enough, though, as I don’t want to do it again…

1 Like

I confirm, f.e. there was a rather complicated one with one retirement placement ratio I’ve not seen before.
For part 2, I agree with above, it was fair. Fingers crossed now :slight_smile:

Ha on that retirement one I just couldn’t figure it out, so I ended up plugging in the possible answers to back into the correct answer. I’ll take a point any way I can get it!

Bizarre definitely not what I got. Wish it was!! Does the exam differ among candidates?

1 Like

Tbh I don’t want to think about it !! Also from the ethics standpoint we should not be discussing details of the exams in case you were not aware.

You are right

Hi Marlowe,
I see you took CAIA exam this year. I hope you got great results
Did PearsonVUE(London) asked for finger print and palm vein pattern scan as identification?
Thanks

Hi - yes, they take your passport as ID and then they do a finger scan and you have to scan in/out with your fingers when the break comes between session 1 and 2. They also check your pockets and make you reset your calculator. I had to show them my glasses and they inspected them.

So yeah, is pretty strict security and I.D. protocols for CAIA.

Good luck!

Hi Marlowe - thank you very much for all de information.

Cheers