CAIA 2 Takers: was it worth it?

Hey everyone, now that we’ve had a couple of days to absorb our test results, I was curious…

Would you say it was worth the effort and $ to take this? Would you recommend the program to someone else?

For me I guess the jury is out. As many have posted, I’ve been disappointed in the curriculum change and how they pulled it off. But I joined CAIA for 2 years and decided to give it a go and see if I find membership adds value. I hope my experience as a member/charter holders is better than my candidate experience. At this point I probably wouldn’t recommend CAIA but hopefully I’ll change my mind.

How say you?

1 Like

In fact , I myself was wondering to take the level II test ( believe there is a waiver for the CFA Charterholder) … but I am not sure if it adds value.

Like I can say with 100% assurance my FRM does add value , significantly different than my CFA. But can I say the same thing as far as the CAIA is concerned ? I wanted to ask this from a CFA Charterholders perspective. Could you throw a bit more light on it mate ?

1 Like

Hello,

Let me add my two cents. I concur that FRM adds value to CFA and I definitely recommend it, if one is interested in risk management. However I am not quite sure about CAIA.

There are interesting points and performance information about Private Equity, Real Estate and Hedge Funds in the curriculum. Several CITs are also quite informative (particularly one about the private equity). However I wish there would be more in detail discussion of above mentioned topics and more refined ESG chapters.

I think the best way would be to scroll through the book or just contents table and decide whether further time and money investment is suitable, based on personal background and interest.

yes

1 Like