CAIA exam people

hey, for those of you that took it, do you think schweser was enough to pass?

Definitely (as surely as you crush nattys and make it rain).

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Definitely (as surely as you crush nattys and make > it rain). awesome, you just made my day with this post. thx ! i hate to rely only on prep materials for a test, but no way, i was gonna read all those academic books for a test like CAIA when i got too much stuff on the burner.

How does the CAIA compare to the CFA in terms of difficulty?

CAIA is not that bad, but more boring and more formulas and not as sexy as CFA. i actually enjoyed studying for level 1 and killing it. CAIA is like bad sex with a virgin.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Definitely (as surely as you crush nattys and > make > > it rain). > > > awesome, you just made my day with this post. thx > ! i hate to rely only on prep materials for a > test, but no way, i was gonna read all those > academic books for a test like CAIA when i got too > much stuff on the burner. Let me also state that I read all the original materials as well (except Linneman)…and I think that Schweser alone does an excellent job. For CAIA Level 2, I’ll still read the source material for my own personal understanding beyond the exam, but will DEFINITELY be using Schweser.

you found out you passed the CAIA L1? how long does it take for results to come back?

why would u pay $2800 for caia?

schweser is the sole CAIA prep provider that i know of. i corrected at least 12 problems in the qbank…

bmwhype Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > schweser is the sole CAIA prep provider that i > know of. i corrected at least 12 problems in the > qbank… wrong, there is uppermark

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why would u pay $2800 for caia? why would you spend that much on a vacay with your girlfriend?

I hear a college class these days costs over $2,800.

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you found out you passed the CAIA L1? how long > does it take for results to come back? I haven’t gotten the results back, but I estimate I got around 85% correct. Even if that estimate is off…I still have a large cushion for the ~70% MPS.

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why would u pay $2800 for caia? Also, time is the important and relevant opportunity cost, not the money. If you are considering a measly $2,800 as the end-all factor in your decision-making process…well, I don’t know, I don’t view the world the same way.

All I’m saying 2800 for a certification that's not well known along with annual renewal fees is sort of wasted . There are better uses: money toward a CFA, CPA, MBA, even a Excel, VBA, or modeling class… Go to monster and put in CAIA. You see 9 jobs nationwide that mention it.

K, I agree with that at least.