CAIA L2

Do they feel the “same” as in somewhat uneasy on how they did or is there a sense of confidence? Given the subjective nature of the written response, it’s probably tough to feel too confident unless you know that you destroyed the MCQs.

One X-factor in all of this is how the updated cycle of new material this go-around will affect the overall performance. I’d like to think this is taken into account (in favor of those taking the test this time), but who knows…

Good luck! I believe the L2 Qbank had about 900 MC questions and about 150 free response questions. Note: Questions were added over several months and were not all available at the beginning of the study season.

One significant advantage that you will have over those of us taking the March test is that all of your Uppermark books should ship simultaneously after you order. Those of us who ordered Uppermark in late-2016 for March 2017 got 4 shipments of books.

I felt like I had a full month less time to study, given the delay in getting the materials. I mistakenly thought the holidays would present a good opportunity to get a lot of work done right out of the chute but it didn’t play out that way.

@Alts40 I feel likewise. Granted that is personal discipline but there’s something unnerving when books arrive late and you have no idea about how much more is left to read. I personally prefer to finish early and spend that period skimming notes and practicing.

@stanza those “sick days” drove me up the wall for the video lectures! Also found the tone monotonous to the point I once fell asleep! :slight_smile: I do not like it when someone simply reads off the slides with random forays on politics. Greg at Schweser is more lively.

Delays in books and sometimes haphazard updates are why I am moving to Schweser if I don’t pass – which served me well for CFA but I do advise Uppermarks Q-bank. On a lighter note that Q-bank must have had a glitch at one point and utterly failed me on a test only for me to find out it was marking right answers wrong. However, I do wish they handle such matters better.

Re questions: I remember seeing about 1,170 questions on their database.

I used Uppermark for level 1 and found the instructor to be extremely monotone and drag on and on. Some of the videos would span over 6 hours and pots and pans would be smashing away in the background.

I used Schweser for the CAIA level 2 - loved Greg. He’s passionate and lively and kept his lectures to 3 hours. I thought the exam was tough and I wasn’t prepared for the niche questions asked in topic 2. I wish it was a blend of questions vs the entire item set from one article. I felt the essays were more regurgitation of lists and definitions v.s. application of knowledge.

I do like Uppermark’s Qbank over Schweser - especially in being able to take CAIA weighted exams and the type of questions. But I liked Schweser Qbank in that you can compared your score to overall score of your peers (kind of give a general idea of where you are in the pack).

I feel uneasy on the outcome - but delighted the exam is done.

Your point about performance tracke is giving me some consolation, as I was looking pretty good vs peers on mock exam and practices tests , relative to peers. That being said, I feel like I had a tougher time on essays than even I anticipated.

Uppermark level 2, if my memory serves, should have 1299 questions (with long q, MCs and some short questions).

Well, I quit watching the videos when the instructor drew a put graph wrong for twice in level 1.

I used Scheweser Q bank before taking a test CAIA level 2 which was pretty similar with the real test for the multiple choice questions. But the essay for Q bank was not pretty similar with the real one.

For Level 1 i worked through the whole Uppermark Qbank and only used the official material from CAIA. I plan to do the same for Level 2 - just wondering on the free response questions, does Uppermark analyze them or just show some kind of key point summary afterwards what you should have mentioned?

When do we anticipate results- late April/early May? L1 results went down to last day in Sep.

early May

Just spoke with a buddy who just received good news on L1. Told him that I hope we’re not forming a study group come May…

I see the L2 study guide for Sept is out…the wait is excruciating!

Anybody hear anything about the pass rate for L1 this year? I wonder if it is at all indicative of what we can expect…

i’m expecting a higher curve given the newly introduced integrated topics

L1 passing rates is 63%

Wow, that seems pretty low , relative to recent testing cohorts, no? Virtual, I hope you’re right…

what were previous pass rates for Level II? Anyone have that info?