CAIA L2

I think as high as 70 ish and as low as 60 ish. I think they were on the higher end in September.

Alts40 is essentially correct. L2 Pass Rate has historically ranged from 56% to 70%. Last go around it was 66%:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Alternative_Investment_Analyst#Historical_pass_rates

However, just like a mutual fund disclaimer, “past performance is no guarantee of future results”…

Is Level 2 noticeably harder than level 1 or is it more likely that I’m just unfamiliar with the concepts? I just got through the first 2 chapters of the Wiley Level 2 book and I’m already nervous.

Apart from the obvious in difficulty, once you get into it I am sure it will fit together. Focus on the forest before the trees.

Thanks for the encouragement. You are definitely correct. I’m really curious to see the pass rates for level 2. This will be the first test with the new curriculum. It seems like they want the pass rate to decrease. We should have gotten this certification a year ago…lol.

Did anybody get a marketing E-Mail from CAIA Association for a Retake for Level II? Normally you get these E-Mails when you didn’t pass :open_mouth:

They sent an apology E-Mail, it was a mistake and results are expected May 5th, not a good Omen anyway!!!

I got the email about signing up for L2 after having taken it last month. Thanks for letting us know about the apology email.

I had actually put the test out of my mind for the past few days only to have it back now…

In the erroneous email did they have any information about the pass rate for the level 2 March exam?

It’s hard to imagine that we’ve got another four weeks to wait. I’m still trying to figure out, in my head, the raw # that will get it done.

The overzealous BD guy from CAIA also sent me the email to retake. Either it’s a mistake or they speed marked my magnum opus.

No, just apology and when the grades are expected to come out. Quote: “on or before May 5, 2017.”

Did anyone who received the erroneous email regarding registration for September 2017 Level II exam NOT receive the follow up apology email?

My friend and I received the emails saying register for September LEvel II but neither of us received the apology email. Hopefully it is not a bad sign.

:angry:I received that silly email for retaking too, and the CAIA association offered apology through email also. This is very unprofessional as well.

on the other hand, Kaplan HK is not professional as well. I had purchased their notes in January, and finally got the practice exam book in early February due to the syllabus change ( They claimed that0

This CAIA level 2 was challenging and hopefully I pass it and focus on CFA soon. i hope the pass mark will be 63 to 66% and i should manage to pass it.

Yeah, 63 to 66 as a passing score is what I’m hoping for/ what I suspect I need. I think a lot will come down to how strict they are with grading the essays. I have zero sense of how generous they’ll be with partial credit, for example.In my mind, I’ve probably assigned a lower score, in my head, for the essays than I may ultimately receive. I find myself way less stressed about this and I’m just at the point where I’m sitting back and waiting.

Just got a L2 Candidate Survey from CAIA Candidate Relations. Anyone else get a survey as well?

Just got a survey too. I didn’t receive the apology email from the BD guy though. Hopefully it is not a bad sign.

I also received one. Many of the questions are about the level 2 exam, the amount of time and resources used to study.

I agree with all of this. Well, only 22 days or so until the results are released.