CAIA L2

Anybody out there writing it in March? I just got my Scheswer books and wondering if that’s enough or do we need to reference the actual articles in the curriculum Thx!

steve, wanna sell copies of your l2 notes?

nvm

Frank, Its kind of marked up not sure if you’re still interested. Are you writing it in March too?

Frank, Its kind of marked up not sure if you’re still interested. Are you writing it in March too?

i dont’ mind if its marked up…i’m not writing in march

frankarabia_28@hotmail.com

Im appearing for the level 2 exam in march…got schweser as well as the recommended readings…

how you guys finding the material? i’m not sure when I will take it. i don’t think its that helpful for me at this point.

Frank - what is not helpful to you , level II? Why not?

How was the level one CAIA exam? Was it easy? A lot of repetitive stuff from the CFA program?

I thought the CAIA 1 was a good generalist education for Alt. Inv. I did it for the knowledge during college. The CAIA is designed as a complement to the CFA exam and for the exception of quant for level 1 there is not really anything repetitive at all.

In terms of difficulty and time requirement, how would you rate the CAIA compared to the CFA, FRM, CSC or the CBV?

Is anyone taking the Level 1 test this March?

here, highpark. How is your study? Any recommendation?

I think Ill take Level 1 after the CFA exam this year, If I can stand the site of a book. CAIA sounds interesting.

Stupid question: is the CAIA taken on a computer or on paper? Thanks!

CAIA Level 1 is comparable to CFA level 1 (quantity is less than CFA L1, but Alt. investments is covered in CFA L3 though it appears in CAIA L1, so they balance out). CAIA Level 2 can not be compared to any CFA level (as it focuses on stuff like covertable arbitrage, quantitative trading and MBA like case studies from Harvard on Alt. investments).

It is a computer based test like GMAT for L1. L2 has computer based multiple choice and essays like CFA L3.

awesome, thanks, cfa_mba_caia