CAIA Official Books

I’ve decided to bite the bullet and start reading these. How is everyone else progressing?

1 Like

I have not bought mine yet. Hope to get them by the end of December. How do you like it so far?

1 Like

I just finished the Advanced Core topics book. Pretty good read and i find it easier than the Uppermark books. For the rest of the curriculum, i’ll use Uppermark though to avoid reading scholarly articles.

1 Like

Still waiting for the Schweser study books. Supposed to ship this week but I’ve heard nothing so far.

1 Like

“mid December” is the official statement from Schweser about availability of their materials…

1 Like

i am still debating whether to get the official books or uppermark. jcrick, are you reading the Advanced Core Topics book or articles? how do you find them?

1 Like

Advanced core topics. So far so good, straight forward, but there are very few questions. I have uppermark as well, Book 2 arrived today.

1 Like

jcrick, since you have uppermark as well and have a chance to compare them, do you think uppermark alone is enough?

1 Like

My Schweser books should arrive tomorrow, in UPS transit today. Not planning to buy any Official books.

1 Like

I am reading the part on commodities and am finding it intense reading. It seems like they already expect you to know most of what it is to be learnt. It also seems to me that the terms normal, inverted, backwarded, contango, normal backwardation and normal contango are used very loosely.

1 Like

I think there is the potential for some parts of the studies and minor points in the key areas to fall through the cracks with Uppermark. I’m going to stick with the official books for now. I’ve only seen one of the uppermark books so far and they look concise. Anyone previous L2 takers got any comments?

1 Like

Little unimpressed that the complete kit of official books does not have the reading for CDS, that is in Anson.

1 Like