Calculation speed

How are you guys improving the speed in doing these complex calculations. Some are extreamly time consuming.

which complex ones? alot (CF, TVM, Stats) can be done with calculator functions.

mmm i think hes talking about the multi-step calculations?

like multi-step TVM? I’m improving my speed just by doing them over and over again, if your looking for tricks I think most have been covered lately in the forums. Some will be time consuming, but thats where you need to make some time by knowing ethics and econ solidly to leave yourself some time for a screwup in calculations

Lloyd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > like multi-step TVM? I’m improving my speed just > by doing them over and over again, if your looking > for tricks I think most have been covered lately > in the forums. Some will be time consuming, but > thats where you need to make some time by knowing > ethics and econ solidly to leave yourself some > time for a screwup in calculations I draw timelines. Like for college savings problems, they are looking for PV of an anuuity and then PV of a lump sum. Most TVM probs are 2-3 step ones

I just skip them and come back later. I surely take more than 2 mins

saurya_s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just skip them and come back later. I surely > take more than 2 mins thats a good idea… does anybody know if the questions come randomely or area by area just like practice exams in schweser?

kochunni69 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > saurya_s Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just skip them and come back later. I surely > > take more than 2 mins > > > thats a good idea… does anybody know if the > questions come randomely or area by area just like > practice exams in schweser? not random, CFA exam is grouped by section, like quant first, then econ, then FSA, etc

I’m finding that no calculation on the sample exams takes more the 60 seconds if you know what to do… and probably the majority of the items you are calculating can be answered by logic and not through a full calc.

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m finding that no calculation on the sample > exams takes more the 60 seconds if you know what > to do… and probably the majority of the items > you are calculating can be answered by logic and > not through a full calc. I am definitely looking dump :slight_smile: