Calculator batteries

I am preparing a list to things we need to carry on the exam day: 1. 4 pencils 2. Erasor 3. Sharpener 4. Calculator 5. Spare batteries and screw driver 6. Admit card 7. Current photo ID 8. And Red bulls :slight_smile: Is there something that I am missing? Also the screwdriver I have at home is big for the calculator. Where did you guys get spare batteries and screw driver from? I am from London, any location specific suggestions?

if you have BA+, Texas Ins calculator; you dont need screw driver open battery cover and press it at the lower left edge. you can just lift it with the pencil or nail.

TI BA II Plus (not professional). How do we open the battery cover - where is it? I know I should be looking for this elsewhere, but you guys would be knowing it already

http://education.ti.com/downloads/guidebooks/financial/baiiplus/BAIIPLUSGuidebook_EN.pdf suggests that we need some small philips screwdriver?

isn’t it just easier to replace the batteries at home? I mean batteries don’t just drop dead a day after you install them…

when you change your batteries, the settings might change to default. Do it at home a day before, and check the sanity of settings. just my thought!!

Get there early and try not to rely on the tube!!! It’s sole purpose is to transport you quickly, safely, and efficiently when you’re on your way somewhere unimportant or have time to kill, and to totally screw you over when you NEED to be somewhere important on time.

BTW are we allowed to use mechanic pencil??? coz i saw many ppl here said they will bring pencil and sharpener…!!!

JRado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Get there early and try not to rely on the tube!!! > It’s sole purpose is to transport you quickly, > safely, and efficiently when you’re on your way > somewhere unimportant or have time to kill, and to > totally screw you over when you NEED to be > somewhere important on time. Well said, for that reason I picked a center outside of the city so that I can drive and park without any problems. Was terrified with the thought of getting stuck underground due to technical difficulties or repairs (which always happen on weekends) Ended up getting a center 40 miles from my place :frowning:

Can we bring two calculators? I have both the HP 12C and the TI BA Plus. Just asking because I’d rather pick up another calculator during the exam and keep working rather than try to replace batteries.