Calculator Batteries

Hey guys, Is there any way to check the battery levels on the TI calculators? I’ve been using mine pretty intensely this entire week doing practice exams. I bought it off of a colleague who was an accounting major and used it all throughout college, and suddenly had nightmares about my calculator dying during the exam (I’m def. losing it =P). Also, anyone know what kind of batteries they use? Admittedly this last part is just me being lazy and not checking before going to bed. Thanks!

changed mine last weekend - theyre cheap, its pretty quick wth right screwdriver. baII plus - cr2032 ****its on the back of the calc. ***

I haven’t change it since I bought it a year ago…I will bring an extra battery along, don’t think you need a sccrewdriver to change it…

I don’t know man, I see 4 screws when I turn my TI over. Would the proctors say anything if you whipped out a pocket knife and went to town on your calc in the middle of the exam?

you might have the TI regular one my BA II Pro doesn’t have any screws on it

They would actually, you’re not allowed to bring in a knife. but you are allowed to bring in a screwdriver. i wouldn’t bother though, just get another calculator.

Just making sure - you’re actually allowed to bring in spare calculator batteries into the exam, right?

you can bring spare batteries and a screwdriver.

You might-could hide some cheatsheets inside your calculator body.

NByz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You might-could hide some cheatsheets inside your > calculator body. HaHa. Never thought of that. Do it 007 style. Very small with special glasses so you can read it. Or a calculator that is as powerful as a iPhone but looks like a BA II Plus.

Why take chance? Just bring two calculators.

Because not everyone has 2 calculators. The batteries are less than 1 buck USD, and I don’t even need a screwdriver to replace the batteries, so why not?

If you gona buy the batteries, why take them with you and waste time at the exam? just change them before hand… They’re only a buck…

reebs81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you gona buy the batteries, why take them with > you and waste time at the exam? just change them > before hand… They’re only a buck… Sure, can do that as well. But just in case, you might wanna bring in a spare one. You never know…