calculator battery

I bought the calculator 16 months ago, do I need to get new battery?

I haven’t changed my battery since 2002.

the battery will run out on the second vignette. guaranteed. bring a second calculator. last year i just brought an extra battery and a screw driver. then thought, i would fking flip out if my battery ran out. i’d probably stab myself with the screwdriver before i can calm myself down enough to replace the battery. so i bought an extra calculator this year. the sleek professional on amazon on sale for like 25 bucks or something. best 25 bucks i’ve spent. you didn’t think you’d get a lenghty response like this, did you? anything if i don’t have to review port. mgmt.

“you didn’t think you’d get a lenghty response like this, did you? anything if i don’t have to review port. mgmt.” Hahaha I’m just putting in new batteries before the exam like last year so I don’t have to carry a screwdriver.

My calculator runs on desperation, so I’m not expecting any problems.

Man do I feel old…my BAII is so old that it has an external compartment for the battery (no screwdriver required).

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man do I feel old…my BAII is so old that it has > an external compartment for the battery (no > screwdriver required). those are more intimidating. like a george brett bat with all the pine tar on it. or a baseball hat with the white sweat stains. that thing’s been in some battles!

We have a love hate relationship, but we’re about to celebrate our 10 year anniversary.

Does that calculator even have a battery? Or does it have a tiny hampster running on a track wheel inside it to generate the electricity?

No hampster, but there are a series of beads on the front that I slide up or down depending on the calculation.

Beads…hampsters…where is this conversation going?

Your Boy Scout camping story?

That was funny…it made me laugh out loud.

Hopefully not one of those creepy, “how did he know” laughs.

Actually my wife just sat on the couch next to me as I read that and now she’s all like “what is that analyst forum site you’re always on? Is THAT what you guys are chatting about?!?!” So that’s good.

is she hot?

Damn straight

Smarshy, do you work for BC?

What’s BC?

Oh, Bain? No, I don’t. I work in the PE group of a large institutional asset manager