calculator battery

I’d say bring a jumping wire with you for the exam. You know, it is that wire you would use to jump start your car when its battery goes down. It might come in handy if your caculator start $%*^ with you during the exam. A proctor once told me it is allowed as long you find your self a cadidate that is willing to give you a spark to jump start your caculator. … PS: make sure you use the same caculator brand as yours. Otherwise, he said, the caculator might get over-charged and start giving you a FV for a PV. So, be careful. good luck…

Can you bring two calculators to the exam on your table or you have to leave in the safekeeping area with your other stuff? I thougth we are only allowed to bring one.

You can have two calculators. If you have the TIBA calculator, it’s not a bad idea. I never had a calculator battery problem. I used HP-12c and always replaced the battery the week before the exam just to be sure (and I also carried the old battery just in case). It was probably completely unnecessary - I’m sure the existing battery had lots of juice left, but for $3.50, it was worth it not to worry about it. If you have a TIBA calculator, you probably should do this a few days before the exam. It costs less than buying a second calculator.