calculator battery

i do know if i shoud change the battery or not. my calculator is one year old and i did not use it too much before starting this program. I do not think calculator batter will die in one year, i think they at least a good 5 years. what do you guys think?

i bought one today, was 5 bucks, i figure i will take it with me, for 5 bucks it was worth it not to worry about it

Has anybody here run their calc on a low battery, ie what will you experience before the calculator stops functioning. Will it slowly start to dim, or will it flicker and switch off?

probability of it dieing and failing because of it .01 Expected time have to re-put into test if failure because of caluclator dieing (100 hours) wage = 20/ hour *forgot cfa fees and books (.01){(100)(10)+1500 }= $25 $25>$5 Therefore purchase

yeah i would like to know too. Because, it is rediculous to worry about a one year old calculator to die on you during the exam.

i just replaced the battery of mine.

There’s a way you can test the battery, if you place it on the tip of your tongue, if it’s still got juice it should give you a strong tingling feeling…no jokes. try it like just like this : P

LOL. if you reached to the battery you may as well put a new one in there.

Just replace it the night before and be worry free.

Unless the new battery is faulty and dies the next day.

That’s why you test it after you put it in :wink: Pound in some NPV problems or if you wanna really test it’s limits, solve for I on a TVM problem!

I ran my HP 12c on low battery for 5 months of moderate, but daily, use–didn’t know the little flashing icon meant low battery! Mine had been in since sophmore year of college…so it had been in for a little over 3 years.

couple of quick q for people, would appreciate feedback if you know the answers: whats the battery type called? where can you buy one? what settings must you confirm/change as soon as you put in the new battery? any idea if the screen will start flicking for some time first or if it just dies? ( i kno this was asked before but no one seemedto respond)

Why not just bring 2-3 calculators!

for the hp 12-c, it’s CR2032. Not sure if that’s true for the other calc.

Agree buy one more calc should nt cost too much… with battery… u also need to carry the screwdriver (the real one) …atleast in my case. Make sure you dont mess anything up while changing…

dude, bring two calculators and 2 additional new battery, then you’ll be worry free

What settings need to be changed once the battery on the TI is changed?

My calc is a year old and I have no worries about the battery. I am bringing two to the exam center though.

sfagan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > probability of it dieing and failing because of it > .01 > Expected time have to re-put into test if failure > because of caluclator dieing (100 hours) > wage = 20/ hour > *forgot cfa fees and books > > (.01){(100)(10)+1500 }= $25 > > > $25>$5 > > Therefore purchase I’d imagine most candidate’s time is worth more than $10/hr :slight_smile: