Calculator Reset?

Can’t remember - are we required to reset our calculators at the exam site (and therefore I need to remember how to recustomize my settings)?

No, hence the reason we are only allowed 2 types of calcs that have no data storage. I would know how to do it though. Which model are you using? I believe you only need to reset the pmts to end and the decimal places to 4.

TI BA II Plus.

I’ve had mine since early 2008, its a BA II Plus, I think I use it regularly but not that often…Should I really worry about it not working come exam day?

Just hit the 2nd button and then FORMAT. Punch in 4 for the # of decimal places and hit enter. Then for the pmts, hit 2nd BGN, 2nd Set. If that changes it to BGN hit 2nd Set again.

brazilatz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve had mine since early 2008, its a BA II Plus, > I think I use it regularly but not that > often…Should I really worry about it not working > come exam day? I had a spare battery in my pocket for L1. I had only had the TI for a couple of months but I used it a ton. $3.00 New Battery + mini screwdriver > calc not working after 250+ hrs of studying

I just bring 2 calcs. I’m not counting on knowing how to operate a screwdriver on Sat if it isn’t on the exam.

Don’t we want our calcs with PMT at END?

they do give instructions to reset the calc in the hall. so 2nd reset enter 2nd .

yes, 99.9% of the time. I don’t think I’ve seen a Q in Qbank, Schweser practice exams, or the CFA mock that had it differently.

Yeah, I would think END is more often the right application than BGN, and I would also think 1 payment a year is probably going to be more applicable on the exam. (The semiannual bond payment trick is something the CFP exam likes to do; the CFAI has more evil tricks up their sleeve that they don’t seem to bother with this one. Most of the bonds say “annual-payment.” I always check my payments/year before doing a TVM calculation, anyhow, just to be sure.)

if my calc fails on me on the exam day, then prob i wasn’t meant to pass.