Calculator(s)

Do you guys roll with two calculators, one + spare battery, or just wing it with the calc alone? I think I might just buy another TI before Saturday rather than worrying about replacing the battery and such. Thought?

I’m bringing two.

I just roll with one…like to live on the wild side of financial analysis.

I bring two. one regular Texas Instruments and one Plus. But, I will be using the regular because my plus calculator does not capture all key punches if I punch them real fast.

I’m buying a battery tomorrow.

2 - HP 12c, one platinum and one gold! Man, hope I don’t get mugged considering the recent rise in precious metals.

i put in a new battery the day before the test. take old one w/ me just in case.

For those who are worried, the batteries on these calcs dot just die all of a sudden. The text fades gradually over hours and hours of use.

psriniva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I bring two. one regular Texas Instruments and > one Plus. > But, I will be using the regular because my plus > calculator does not capture all key punches if I > punch them real fast. The keys on the plus suck… regular all the way.

my plus won’t sit flat because of the pads on the bottom. is there a remedy? i tried taking them all off.

prophets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i put in a new battery the day before the test. > take old one w/ me just in case. same here. that’s the way to go, imo.

deepstack31 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those who are worried, the batteries on these > calcs dot just die all of a sudden. The text fades > gradually over hours and hours of use. From http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00363319.pdf: The HP12C manual says that a blinking asterisk (*) appears in the upper-left hand corner of the screen when the battery is low. I think I saw it in the lower-left hand corner a couple of weeks ago, and replaced the battery right away. If you’re up for a short break, here’s a recent WSJ article about how Wall St. loves the HP12C: http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/05/04/wall-street-loves-its-hp-12c-calculators/?mod=yahoo_hs