Calculator

Which calculator do you guys use? The TI BA II PLUS or the TI BA II PLUS Professional. does anyone know what calculator the scweister people are using in their 2007 CFA L1 notes?

TI BA II PLUS Professional all the way. Not sure about Schweser. I am not into foreign languages (reverse polish notation).

sorry…i meant schweser

Both calculators are pretty accurate, generally getting to within a few percent of the right answer. Buy whichever’s cheapest.

HP 12c…RPN is the easiest and most efficient tool ever once you learn it.

I use HP12C 25th Anniversary Edition In my study notes, I noticed that HP12C in general has fewer key strokes than BAII plus. That’s why I picked HP12C BTW, HP12C is the official calculator for GS and Bear Stearns as well

ymc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BTW, HP12C is the official calculator for GS and > Bear Stearns as well Never heard that before. You usually order the calculator through your office manager/research assistant etc. with whatever model you want. Is HP the official or preferred calculator because MS and BS have a special deal with HP? I personally prefer the TI BA II plus.

For the record, GS has no official calculator, any more than they have an official blueberry yogurt. Anyone here (beside ymc) worked at Bear?

Not an official calculator. Amazon says they distribute HP12Cs to their junior analysts. That’s it. :stuck_out_tongue: