California lays off state employees

California is expect to lay off thousands of state employees due to the failure to pass the budget. ===> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_bi_ge/california_budget_29 I live here and I can say that the different levels of state offices have too much fat! Just too much! Across the state, there are so much money wasted debating whether gays and lesbians can get married or not. In the City of San Jose, the city set up a live video camera streaming the video of some birds nesting under the city office while they ran out of money for homeless shelters. In the LA area, a crazy woman named Nadya Suleman gave birth to 14 kids just because the state has money to pay for her welfare. The state is too fat and have been living on tax payers money for too long. Some trimming is due. What do other Californians think?

Its a beautiful state and I love it. I dont think people have an incentive to work very hard because of the natural beauty of the pacific shore and nice weather. a state like Illinois does well because people have no choice but to work 6 months out of the year.

AlphaSeeker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the LA area, a crazy woman named Nadya Suleman > gave birth to 14 kids just because the state has > money to pay for her welfare. They need to begin trimming the fat by dragging that woman into the street and shooting her. It will be a lesson to all wh0res that think they can live on handouts.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its a beautiful state and I love it. I dont think > people have an incentive to work very hard because > of the natural beauty of the pacific shore and > nice weather. a state like Illinois does well > because people have no choice but to work 6 months > out of the year. I grew up in California, near San Francisco. It’s actually EASIER to get work done when the weather is so nice. There are so many nice days that you can get stuff done knowing that tomorrow’s pretty likely to be beautiful too. I find it’s HERE on the east coast where if it’s nice out, you feel you have to find an excuse to drop work and get out to enjoy things.

It’s good to know that unemployed welfare recipients can pump out octuplets and get paid as the working population is laid off. I don’t disagree with the layoffs. When judging the government of a developed nation balanced budgets are near the top of my priority list, but the incentive structure that governments set forth is laughable. If my wife and I lose our jobs I’ll try to convince her to start cranking out ‘units’, 8 at a time, every 9 - 12 months. We’ll do that for 5 or 6 years and let the suckers that are still paying taxes, and have managed to avoid layoffs, pay for my beach house on Maui. Hell, I may do that now…