Can anyone lend some assistance please

I graduate in May with a Philosophy degree. My only experience in finance is my series 7/63 and the year I spent as a broker on wall st. fall/spring (which was really only sales experience). Level 1 will be in December and I been studying for about a month and a half now. My question is what would make me look like a better applicant for an entry level position that deals more with analysis then actual sales? (An excel tutorial that dives into financial modeling would be a good example or something along those lines?).

MBA degree from top school or the luck of chuck norris.

Nah I don’t want to spend so much money. Plus I need to work asap, my family is in need right now.

If you need to help the family out, concentrate on that first! Other than networking… there is nothing you can do.

I hear wallmart is hiring bank tellers…ill just apply for that

Where are you?

Im in brooklyn New york. I read a post earlier about some guy going to interview as a bank teller in wallmart so I made a funny

Why the fu ck would you get a philosophy degree?

I was planning on going to law school but I decided my last year to just stick with finance after I became a broker.

Gotcha. Well, I admire and respect the big brokers. Keep at it.

Thanks homess

You watch Wallstreet Warriors 2? Those brokers are awesome.

Bro, that was my old firm. I came in like 3 years after they filmed the episodes though. Thats how all mid-level wall st. firms are.

AWESOME RAD. Is that what you really do? Not anymore right?

Yeah thats what I did. Tough job though. You work 8am-9pm pitching all day. You make like 600 phone calls a day. Your told to f-off 70% of the time ( which i dont blame the guy on the other line. Who wants a newbie wall st. broker cold calling them). I became fully licensed in March right when the Dow hit new lows so it was a nice start lol

I smell SMIRK, ihihm, jtld et al here but still the best thread of the week by far

what is a smirk?

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I smell SMIRK, ihihm, jtld et al here > > but still the best thread of the week by far Ditto.

itstoohot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I smell SMIRK, ihihm, jtld et al here > > but still the best thread of the week by far Not a chance. JTLD would never write “then” instead of “than”. About being bank teller at Walmart, is not that easy. Apparently volante99 didn’t make it.

its not Smirk, I remember Garry posting before. Proof that he was rejected from the teller gig