Can I pass just by reading the LOS statements?

Hi all I don’t have much time before the December exam, am I’m looking for a quick easy pass. Do you think I can pass just by reviewing the LOS statements? Whaddaya fink

Thats a little too much work. Try passing by just thinking about the LOS statements and typing “QBank” a lot. You should be golden bro.

No, you cannot. You have to understand the important things that are connected with each LOS. Yours, Daniel www.lambert-shop.net

Dude… your best bet is to go through some review book like the Secret sauce and refer to some study guide to understand those parts you need more info on. Personally I prefer the eleventh hour guide to the secret sauce. Its much more detailed and cheaper as well. Good luck.

Dont listen to these clowns. LOS-only is the most effective and accurate way to study, you don’t need to do practice questions.

The+1Guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m looking for a quick easy pass. It doesn’t exist. You might want to consider a new career if that’s the case.

No, I don’t think you can pass in Dec 09, try reading the whatever possible and try the exam at least you will be better off next Jun10

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dont listen to these clowns. > > LOS-only is the most effective and accurate way to > study, you don’t need to do practice questions. I agree with this. Heck, reading LOS (or reading anything for that matter) is just for those who doesn’t work in the industry. If you work in anything related to finance, then you’re a baller and you don’t need to read LOS to ace this exam. Trust us on that.

Sorry +1 Guy But +1 to my man ozzie. He knows wazzup.

The bare minimum would be to read the study guides and work some questions.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry +1 Guy > > > But +1 to my man ozzie. He knows wazzup. Yeah dude coz we’re the real baller, pimpin down the hood. Need no readin’ any LOS. On another note, this thread is indeed a joke right? Just realized it when I saw the other thread asking the exact same question only it’s with Schweser Note

Thanks for all the great advice. I’ve now ripped the front pages out of all my Schweser books (where the LOS statements are summarised) and I’m carrying them around in my back pocket. Whenever I get bored I just do a quick revision. Not all of the LOS’s make sense though, e.g. “Compute the value of blah blah blah” as the LOS doesn’t provide much detail, such as a formula. But not to worry, I’ve got my financial calculator (actually I must remove it from the packaging and test that it works before exam day) and there are tons of buttons on it so I’m sure I can just work it out on the fly. I’m assuming there’s an F1 help key like in Windows?? :slight_smile:

Don’t worry dude, they will provide you formula on exam day. Heck, don’t even bring calculator since if you’re even remotely work in finance industry (say, equity in Dallas) you can work the question with your eyes closed. It’s. That. Easy.

ozzie123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (say, equity in Dallas) You win. Hilarious. “Equities in Dallas, paging equities in Dallas.” @ +1 Guy. Don’t waste your $ on a calculator. Instead I would allocate the 30 or so dollars to buying a case of Bud Light. A good strategy is to try and drink hald before the morning session then pound the remaining 12 during the lunch break. Also, what I find helpful is the bring nips (small liquor bottles) into the exam center to help keep my buzz going, nothing unlocks your brain like a little Absolute!