Can I pass with 3 weeks to go?

I’ve been waiting, and waiting, and now it’s 20 days left. I have studied only book 1 so far. It I take the week off before the exam can I still pass? I was an english major in college but did take an intro finance and accounting class. The concepts don’t seem too hard…

I’m gonna call you Timmy

Good luck Timmy

first start with the hope that you can do it, because I am in the same boat. and focus your time 75% problems, 20% reading, 5% this forum. Heres my personal breakdown of time so far, but i am going to change to the above format. 60% reading, 10% problems, 20% forum, 5% tapes, 5%videos

If you have only studied one book…forget it. Sign up for Dec.

There is always a possibility that you can… If you could study so much in 3 weeks, why would you not have started to study to begin with though. Think of it as a head start to the December exam.

calculate the probability you have to guess 50-60% of the total questios and you will find out

Yea, good luck with that.

I am cramming myself, so I feel your pain. Just finished Schweser all of FSA and am rereading it all to cement all the details. I’ve had a few work things to tie up and still do, but hopefully will have 17 days at least to cram it in. We can just do our best. My plan is, in order, Schweser Quant, Econ, and then SS 11-18, in order. Reading Ethics at the end, my background is humanities, too, so I figure that will be easiest part, for me but I have to nail the formulas, etc. I am planning on finishing everything by Sunday night and then just doing practice exams nonstop till the exam. I figure if I can cover all the material by Sunday night, I will have a fighting chance. Btw guys, I am still having fun here, but I have to say that capital leases and loans were ROUGH…loved ratios and Dupont though! Happy cramming!

Without being too much of a buzzkill, I’d say the answer to your initial question is no.

If you have “studied” 1 book so far, it’s a near impossible task to finish the rest of the material in 3 weeks. Register for december.

Its not 3 wks left anymore, its like 16 days. (cuz one of these days you are gonna fall sick studying so much). Also dont listen to what others say, you’ve paid for it, just give it your best shot. Taking the exam can not hurt, plus if you study now you are better prepared for december. get cracking!

… yes, definitely sit for the exam in June.

no

NOP!

Are your books plenty of dust?

You have already paid for the exam, try to learn as much as you can and then give it a shot. You should concentrate on FSA, Ethics, Quant & Fixed Income, the most weighted areas on the exam and then go through the summary for everything else and then pray for a miracle on exam day. Goodluck!

If you had a very strong background in Finance (intro to Finance doesn’t count), I would say that MAYBE you would have a chance. But no, there is absolutely no way. If this test could be passed by some guy with a minimal background in Finance after 3 weeks of studying… the CFA designation would be completely meaningless. If it meant anything to you, you would have started studying a long time ago…

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you had a very strong background in Finance > (intro to Finance doesn’t count), I would say that > MAYBE you would have a chance. But no, there is > absolutely no way. If this test could be passed > by some guy with a minimal background in Finance > after 3 weeks of studying… the CFA designation > would be completely meaningless. If it meant > anything to you, you would have started studying a > long time ago… … well said mate!

I know a guy that studied 3 weeks and passed – but he was a second year MBA student and very bright, so anything is possible