Can I Retake the CFA?

I earned my charter 4 years ago. Since then, capital markets have had a credit crunch, Madoff explosion, Casey Anthony verdict, bailout economics, and AF 2.0. I feel I could use a refresher on the aforementioned topics. Do you think if I wrote a real nice email to the CFAI they would let me register to sit for the December Level 1 Exam? Also, Which package is better? Elan Guides or 7City Learning.

Why don’t you spend time on the level 1 or Level II forums answering some questions. This would give you a nice little refresher on certain topics.

if you buy me a hotdog, i will let you take my L3 exam :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the CFAI has a group of existing charterholders that take the exam in order to gauge their performance. You might want to contact the institute about that.

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I earned my charter 4 years ago. Since then, > capital markets have had a credit crunch, Madoff > explosion, Casey Anthony verdict, bailout > economics, and AF 2.0. > > I feel I could use a refresher on the > aforementioned topics. Do you think if I wrote a > real nice email to the CFAI they would let me > register to sit for the December Level 1 Exam? > > Also, Which package is better? Elan Guides or > 7City Learning. Are you willing to surrender your charter if you fail?

You gotta be kidding.

You Jerk!

You can do a name change(my name) for you charter.

Why not call up a test prep company and do a mock exam instead? Definitely no questions asked, and some will review stuff with you afterwards if you need it. Probably cheaper, too.

Lobsterbanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can do a name change(my name) for you charter. Great idea. Though I shall surrender my Charter to the late qqqbee. I pray that my offering is acceptable to his majesty.