Can I say "CFA charter pending" on my resume?

i agree with that, ““CFAI Lists my status as Charter Pending,”” cause you have stated CFAI is making the decision. LOL bringing in “Patent Pending” is a whole different topic!!! but if you want sure. Patent can only be issued to one person or one group of people/business/corps, it is totally different’ from the context stated here. And additionally, saying patent pending is useless as anyone can say patent pending but you have no legal ground for anything until you are issued the patent. And a Patent is not a professional license that has a reputation and people do not use patents “advice” to investment life savings. so next time you bring something into a debate, please make it relevant

Why do some people have sticks in the wrong places today? I was half joking. How come there wasn’t this much criticism in threads that have been much much worse?

I am working through the holidays while all my coworkers are on vacations. don’t mess with me!. LOL

According to the CFA Institute the use of “charter pending” is not allowable so please don’t use it on any resumes.

OK I was definitely wrong (not sure why I didn’t trust somebody else’s e-mail, but I didn’t) - here’s my CFAI response: “Thank you for contacting us. The use of ‘charter pending’ is not acceptable. We recommend ‘I passed all three levels of the CFA program and will be eligible for award of the CFA charter upon completion of the required work experience.’ Note that since your charter has been awarded, you may use the CFA designation.” My bad above, although practically - both the President of my local society and a member of the board of governors used the term ‘Charter Pending’ at the awards ceremony. I still wouldn’t put this on my resume. And there is a clear difference between ‘expected 2012’ or whatever, and ‘Pending’ (what CFAI uses). I think it’s bad form to use that terminology online and then to consider the same verbiage a violation… I’d guess you’d be OK, but again, I wouldn’t risk it.

There you have it folks! Now stop all the speculations on saying this and that. No “CFA Pending”, you can put “Death Pending” as that will happen without a doubt.

Way off topic, but what’s the deal with the ads between posts? I could handle one ad at the top, but between every post? Now I hate Elan.

Don’t hate Elan, hate me. They should only appear only once after the first post. We’re working on the issue now.

Now that’s speedy service! No hate in my heart. Merry Christmas!

Am I the only one that sees a difference between passing the 3 exams but not meeting the work requirement (you can then say Passed the 3 exams… and not pending anything) and passing the 3 exams, having the work requirement and submitting it to the CFA institute, in which case charter pending work approval seems ok, it’s not deceiving (plus you are not using it instead of the letters but on a line, on your resume, in the professional development section)?

… that’s what I was getting at with the “Patent Pending” issue I brought up. And yeah, I agree with being annoyed at the “Do as we say, not as we do” bit. I still think we are technically in compliance if we say “CFAI lists as Charter Pending.” Fortunately, I don’t have to deal with that specific issue anymore.