Can the U.S. trust Pakistan?

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Palantir Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I bet he didn’t even know it. > > But his feet show it. They’re Longfellows. Nicely done brain wash! Now let’s go and get Johnny Mac drunk.

samakh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So why U.S govt. is still supporting Pakistan > after this. How could they carry out an operation > like this in a military area an hour drive from > Islamabad and Rawalpindi where G.H.Q is located… > > How can you carry an operation in Abottabad > without the Pakistan Intelligence being aware of > it. If Pak intelligence was so weak then Pakistan > would have been a part of India years ago. And if > it was protecting Osama…why would it keep him in > the most prominent million dollar house in the > area with chickens and rabbits as security guards > waiting for the U.S. planes to attack him any > time. Why was Gen. Shuja Pasha Head of ISI in > U.S.A on a secret mission just weeks before this > whole thing? > > Pakistan govt. has given full approval to U.S.A to > carry out drone attacks in its tribal parts but > then its foreign office goes on to condemn it… > > And its not just Iran but Pakistan also shares a > border with the sleeping giant. This is just to > make a pathway for the U.S. to take full control > of Pakistan. and these Generals and politicians > are sold out. Agree that it is quite impossible to go that deep into a nuclear armed country’s capital without alerting their defenses. (As impossible as the ISI not knowing abt OBLs presence). There is a possibility of a covert support to geronimo by Pakistan’s military/ ISI. But this ‘support’ is more like the only option available to them. Kind of a last minute “FYI” from US I think. In which case, the message to Pakistani people is that they have been wronged by the US - creating a moral higher ground with false victimization. A message being told too often that an increasing percentage of the population is going to believe in it. Just the perfect recipe for another nut-case paki to do something stupid in the future. Or increase the sample space of nut-case pakis. If Pakistani people indeed believe that they are the victims of terrorism why is it so hard for their generals and leaders to publicly say that this was a permitted ops. Just what the British PM said to pakis - that they can’t look two ways on terrorism. Any way. Always the case that there is more to it than meets the eye. Always.

Of course not, the Pakistani executive can’t trust its military and vice versa, even elements within those two institutions cannot trust each other as they all have competing agendas. You can’t expect much from such a corrupt and chaotic country so you really need to evaluate if there is much of a positive benefit from continuing this relationship. I would say that while it is imperfect and will continue to be so there is an advantage from continuing to work with them.

cfa_bombay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > samakh Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So why U.S govt. is still supporting Pakistan > > after this. How could they carry out an > operation > > like this in a military area an hour drive from > > Islamabad and Rawalpindi where G.H.Q is > located… > > > > How can you carry an operation in Abottabad > > without the Pakistan Intelligence being aware > of > > it. If Pak intelligence was so weak then > Pakistan > > would have been a part of India years ago. And > if > > it was protecting Osama…why would it keep him > in > > the most prominent million dollar house in the > > area with chickens and rabbits as security > guards > > waiting for the U.S. planes to attack him any > > time. Why was Gen. Shuja Pasha Head of ISI in > > U.S.A on a secret mission just weeks before > this > > whole thing? > > > > Pakistan govt. has given full approval to U.S.A > to > > carry out drone attacks in its tribal parts but > > then its foreign office goes on to condemn it… > > > > > And its not just Iran but Pakistan also shares > a > > border with the sleeping giant. This is just to > > make a pathway for the U.S. to take full > control > > of Pakistan. and these Generals and politicians > > are sold out. > > Agree that it is quite impossible to go that deep > into a nuclear armed country’s capital without > alerting their defenses. (As impossible as the ISI > not knowing abt OBLs presence). There is a > possibility of a covert support to geronimo by > Pakistan’s military/ ISI. But this ‘support’ is > more like the only option available to them. Kind > of a last minute “FYI” from US I think. > > Considering the tremendous technological advantage, professionalism and capability of the American military especially relative to the Pakistani military this type of operation probably isn’t that remarkable.

I don’t think Pakistan could have kept this a secret if they did know. Whomever knew Bin Laden was there was a very,very,very small number of people. I cant think too many Pakistani intel officers would have sat on a 25 million dollar secret. I’m sure the “money changer” that was keeping bin laden safe was being paid at least that much as a perpetuity. Westerners don’t know much about “hawalla” and the south Asian black money thing. Most people in India won’t speak on the record about this. These hawalla “money changers” handle huge sums of cash and run large underground economies through this region and even the world. They handle the money of migrant working south Asians looking to send money home from jobs overseas, terrorists trying to fund jihad, to wealthy Bombay merchants looking to evade taxes. If Bin Laden needed to guarantee his safety he merely needed to offer one of these guys a higher rate of return than the PV of 25 million dollars.

the CIA was watching that very compound from a safe house nearby for months, and they weren’t 100% sure if Bin Laden was there. why is it so hard to accept that the pakistanis had no idea where he was, i dont understand.

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the CIA was watching that very compound from a > safe house nearby for months, and they weren’t > 100% sure if Bin Laden was there. why is it so > hard to accept that the pakistanis had no idea > where he was, i dont understand. Simple. Just look at Pakistan’s past history with supporting and sheltering terrorists. That is why they are guilty till proven innocent.

^well one thing is for sure: Pakistanis dont get any love from Indians. They are joyous not because Osama Bin Laden was killed but because he was killed in Pakistan.

im gonna need to know whos indian of the posters here so that i can filter out their opinions in pakistan

Look where “filtering out” Indian opinions has gotten you with Pakistan.

^ touché

I am not 100% sure about others but cT is a wannabe Indian. He is pleasing many Indian Godesses AWS.

Ok what is the difference of this Pakistan thread and the other?