Can the U.S. trust Pakistan?

Can they now? Or is or foreign policy that obtuse? Imagine if OBL was hiding in say Iran or Saudi Arabia under the protection of their military. Wouldn’t that be an act of war? http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/03/faddis.pakistan.osama/index.html?hpt=T2

Oddly enough, I see it as Pakistan benefiting. They will wriggle out of it as I don’t think the US is going to really punish them for it, and after the US withdraws out of Afghanistan (now that it surely will), they will be free to use Afghanistan as their playground again. India is doing a giant, “Told you so!” right now. Quite justifiably.

Pakistan is like a big insurance plan on the region. It can always be counted on to preoccupy the Indians as well as their muslim neighbors. Oh and dont forget the Soviets. On the chess board they are the pawn.

Pakistan can’t trust Pakistan.

^ that’s true actually, they are so fiercely tribalistic that they don’t really have a national identity outside of cricket.

Pakistan and U.S.A are friends with benefits. Pakistan’s government motto is “Show me the money” and the U.S. Govt is obliging them.

^ this is not friends with benefits man, there is money involved -that’s prostitution

Samakh, I’m guessing that you are Indian so you already know this. I’ve yet to meet the politician in South Asia who doesn’t require baksheesh to do even the simplest thing. It’s a bit hypocritical of Indians to bemoan this relationship between the US and Pakistan, when Indian politicians do the exact same thing. But they are your enemy and you guys are hellbent on making them look bad as possible in the media. So for that reason your bias is understandable.

Why the hell is the US so scared of pakistan and cow towing to them? Screw them I say.

^I am not Indian. I was just pointing out the truth. India and Pakistan are similar in many ways and corruption is one of them. and I said Pak government. I dont appreciate when people judge the whole nation because of the actions of a few. And yes indian media is mostly anti-Pakistan but I wont say that is true for every Indian.

Well, bad guess then. I’m a dope. In any case when it comes to India, the country, its pretty safe to say that it is Anti-Pakistan and that Pakistan is pretty Anti-Indian. Nobody even tries to hide it here. The celebrations for the world cup victory were nowhere as big as the semifinal victory over Pakistan. These guys have serious history with one another. As for the Indian media, they love stirring this pot everywhere, and in India, Pakistan is their hobbyhorse.

Well, bad guess then. I’m a dope. In any case when it comes to India, the country, its pretty safe to say that it is Anti-Pakistan and that Pakistan is pretty Anti-Indian. Nobody even tries to hide it here. The celebrations for the world cup victory were nowhere as big as the semifinal victory over Pakistan. These guys have serious history with one another. As for the Indian media, they love stirring this pot everywhere, and in India, Pakistan is their hobbyhorse.

And that’s the real reason that the relationship with Pakistan will continue. India needs to be kept tied up as it grows more powerful, and US also needs access to CAR along with a hedge against Iran.

I thought we’ve been showing them the money and for years they did not show us Bid Laden. I’m glad the U.S. went in, ate the Pakistan’s lunch, and barfed it up in their face.

Nice metaphor, you should be a poet.

I bet he didn’t even know it.

So why U.S govt. is still supporting Pakistan after this. How could they carry out an operation like this in a military area an hour drive from Islamabad and Rawalpindi where G.H.Q is located… How can you carry an operation in Abottabad without the Pakistan Intelligence being aware of it. If Pak intelligence was so weak then Pakistan would have been a part of India years ago. And if it was protecting Osama…why would it keep him in the most prominent million dollar house in the area with chickens and rabbits as security guards waiting for the U.S. planes to attack him any time. Why was Gen. Shuja Pasha Head of ISI in U.S.A on a secret mission just weeks before this whole thing? Pakistan govt. has given full approval to U.S.A to carry out drone attacks in its tribal parts but then its foreign office goes on to condemn it… And its not just Iran but Pakistan also shares a border with the sleeping giant. This is just to make a pathway for the U.S. to take full control of Pakistan. and these Generals and politicians are sold out.

Let me get this straight, the US military ok’s a military strike in a foreign country without informing the local government and the question people are asking is “Can the U.S. trust Pakistan?” Seriously?!! I read today that US drone attacks killed 17 people in North West Pakistan. Imagine for some reason the reverse had occured. There’d be hell to pay!

^^ Lets put it this way, what if they did inform the Pakistan government, and OBL miraculously disappeared from the hideout, I think for a mission like that the less people that know the better. Although im still not convinced that the Pakistani government new about OBL’s hideout, maybe there was some colusion in minor parts of the government who knows, but what if OBL was living right across the street from the Pentagon in an apartment that he never left, I think thats the last place anyone would expect him to be, and therefore a realy good hideout…

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I bet he didn’t even know it. But his feet show it. They’re Longfellows.